• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise will look so different a year from now.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Gettleman left behind lmao. Hold on to your nickers. We are about to franchise a kicker and let our two best FA walk for nothing. And that's just to start. 

Franchising Star or Norwell isn't an option due to the tag figures for those positions. Kickers and punters are by far the most often tagged players in the NFL. If Star and Norwell walk, we'll likely have pretty good odds of a comp pick or two.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Franchising Star or Norwell isn't an option due to the tag figures for those positions. Kickers and punters are by far the most often tagged players in the NFL. If Star and Norwell walk, we'll likely have pretty good odds of a comp pick or two.

Depending on what we do in free agency.

10 hours ago, NAS said:

Except the Panthers under Richardson are hardly the lowly Buccaneers of those first 20 years.  Panthers have two NFC championships and two Super Bowl appearances to show for our first 20 years of existence. Most teams would have killed to have that type of success in their first 20 years.  Let's stop crapping on Richardson for everything.

Superbowl wins are the only thing that matters, and we have as many as the browns and lions. so no. Being the buffalo bills might be good enough for you, its not for me.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fact is Norwell is worth the money though. Gano isn't. 

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Absolutely agree that the franchise will look much different. We will have new ownership and with it likely an entire new front office and likely a new GM. Stew, TD, Kalil (likely both of them), probably Coleman and Adams, probably Norwell and Star will be gone. This truly will be the last run for the old regime. A new era starts in 2019.

you forgot peppers ;)

Just now, Snake said:

Norwell is not worth the average of the top 5 highest paid LTs in the NFL. He'd be the third highest paid OL in the NFL next season. No OG is worth that.

While I've never been a big Gano supporter, he was the most accurate kicker in the NFL last year that had over 4 attempts. It almost pains me to say it, but he's honestly worth the tag value and I'd rather do it on a one year rental than a long-term deal with serious guarantees. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

No. Gano's contract is fitting with his production at the position.  Norwell's is not.  Don't know why you can't see that.  It's obvious,  regardless of your spin or dislike of Gano. 

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I lived in Tampa Bay during the transition from the Culverhouse ownership to the Glazers. So many parallels here. Culverhouse was the original owner for 20+ years. Tight with money. Boring. His teams were so much worse than the Panthers though, so we have that going for us. 

Once new ownership came in it was like a rebirth of the franchise. Everything changed including the overall feel of the team. No longer old and conservative. Things moved quickly into a more fun and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty much all the changes were for the better. 

I suspect we will see the same here. So while I hate the mess this team is in right now, I feel pretty confident a year from now it will be a distant memory. 

As long as this new look doesn't include Tina Becker, Steven Drummond, Marty Hurney, and Ron Rivera you can count me as excited.

11 hours ago, Snake said:

We're not going to a SB this year with Hurney at the helm. It's looking more likely we will let all our top FAs walk then in typical Panthers style scrambling using stop gaps to replace them. At best this team finishes 8-8.

Free agency hasn't even begun.  The draft is multiple weeks away,  and you've figured out that we're a .500 team at best...Miss Cleo would be proud of you. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Norwell is not worth the average of the top 5 highest paid LTs in the NFL. He'd be the third highest paid OL in the NFL next season. No OG is worth that.

While I've never been a big Gano supporter, he was the most accurate kicker in the NFL last year that had over 4 attempts. It almost pains me to say it, but he's honestly worth the tag value and I'd rather do it on a one year rental than a long-term deal with serious guarantees. 

Other option is allowing Matt Kalil to face Cam Jordan and Beasley alone twice a year... 

37 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No. Gano's contract is fitting with his production at the position.  Norwell's is not.  Don't know why you can't see that.  It's obvious,  regardless of your spin or dislike of Gano. 

Lol so he is worth top 5 money and Norwell isn't?

33 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Free agency hasn't even begun.  The draft is multiple weeks away,  and you've figured out that we're a .500 team at best...Miss Cleo would be proud of you. 

I've seen Hurney operate this team since miss Cleo was still on air. But hey maybe I'm wrong who knows. 

Archived