• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise will look so different a year from now.

Jeremy Igo

I lived in Tampa Bay during the transition from the Culverhouse ownership to the Glazers. So many parallels here. Culverhouse was the original owner for 20+ years. Tight with money. Boring. His teams were so much worse than the Panthers though, so we have that going for us. 

Once new ownership came in it was like a rebirth of the franchise. Everything changed including the overall feel of the team. No longer old and conservative. Things moved quickly into a more fun and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty much all the changes were for the better. 

I suspect we will see the same here. So while I hate the mess this team is in right now, I feel pretty confident a year from now it will be a distant memory. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Had the same concerns back then. Turns out, money talks louder. 

We’ll see, I think it just depends. Tepper seems like he’d be very similar to JR to be honest (but hopefully smarter when hiring and won’t meddle, but with other things being similar—conservative, cares about league more than team, etc.).

2 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

My money is JR still gonna be the owner next year. Makes sense for him to drag this out as long as possible so he can get himself a ring. 

But I agree, new ownership should revitalize the organization. 

The sale will be finalized this year, guaranteed. And if we win, JR will get a ring regardless I think. And he’d deserve it.

3 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

My money is JR still gonna be the owner next year. Makes sense for him to drag this out as long as possible so he can get himself a ring. 

But I agree, new ownership should revitalize the organization. 

We're not going to a SB this year with Hurney at the helm. It's looking more likely we will let all our top FAs walk then in typical Panthers style scrambling using stop gaps to replace them. At best this team finishes 8-8.

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I lived in Tampa Bay during the transition from the Culverhouse ownership to the Glazers. So many parallels here. Culverhouse was the original owner for 20+ years. Tight with money. Boring. His teams were so much worse than the Panthers though, so we have that going for us. 

Once new ownership came in it was like a rebirth of the franchise. Everything changed including the overall feel of the team. No longer old and conservative. Things moved quickly into a more fun and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty much all the changes were for the better. 

I suspect we will see the same here. So while I hate the mess this team is in right now, I feel pretty confident a year from now it will be a distant memory. 

Except the Panthers under Richardson are hardly the lowly Buccaneers of those first 20 years.  Panthers have two NFC championships and two Super Bowl appearances to show for our first 20 years of existence. Most teams would have killed to have that type of success in their first 20 years.  Let's stop crapping on Richardson for everything.

20 minutes ago, NAS said:

Except the Panthers under Richardson are hardly the lowly Buccaneers of those first 20 years.  Panthers have two NFC championships and two Super Bowl appearances to show for our first 20 years of existence. Most teams would have killed to have that type of success in their first 20 years.  Let's stop crapping on Richardson for everything.

Yeah, I mentioned that. Take is easy. 

Archived