• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.....

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

Hurney is the interim GM for one season and already made a mistake big enough to question how he's employed anywhere.  This is so stupid that i still cant comprehend how Ron didn't say anything about it to him at the time.  They keep the rookie punter, but not the kicker? 

Rivera is a guy who let's his feelings affect his decision making. That's a big reason why he'll support "trying really hard" players even when it's obvious they're just not good enough.

He likes Marty on a personal level, so...

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Having a good rookie kicker for the next several years would have been really cool.

Give Hurney credit, he absolutely tried to keep Butker. Had on the active roster for two weeks then on the practice squad.

Chiefs plucked him from our PS just like we plucked Mario Addison from Redskins and Mike Remmers from Rams PS's. It happens 

Might be about to get worse.

The Colts are working on an extension for Adam Vinatieri. Good news there is it's only supposed to be 1 year.

Unfortunately, where it is the Falcons are also looking at an extension for Matt Bryant. That's more likely to be long term, and could exceed what the Titans paid for Ryan Succop.

Oy...

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might be about to get worse.

The Colts are working on an extension for Adam Vinatieri. Good news there is it's only supposed to be 1 year.

Unfortunately, where it is the Falcons are also looking at an extension for Matt Bryant. That's more likely to be long term, and could exceed what the Titans paid for Ryan Succop.

Oy...

I love recent (now former) Auburn kicker Daniel "Legatron" Carlson and I think he's going to make a great NFL kicker.

Now watch Hurney trade up in the 2nd round to draft him.

7 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I love recent (now former) Auburn kicker Daniel "Legatron" Carlson and I think he's going to make a great NFL kicker.

Now watch Hurney trade up in the 2nd round to draft him.

I'm more worried about what Marty and Ron might be willing to pay Gano.

The market that's been set already is more than we should pay. Imagine if it goes even higher.

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Give Hurney credit, he absolutely tried to keep Butker. Had on the active roster for two weeks then on the practice squad.

Chiefs plucked him from our PS just like we plucked Mario Addison from Redskins and Mike Remmers from Rams PS's. It happens 

We need a GM that can look further than 1-2 weeks out.  Had we kept Butker, we save 3.5m.  That money then gets carried over and increases our available cap.

Now we not only do not have the extra 3.5m to play with, we have to scrounge around and find 3-4 million to sign a vet kicker.

Archived