• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers just had surgery?

Jeremy Igo

FWIW to those of ya'll saying he had it late and won't be ready for the season...  Cam had shoulder surgery in March lol.  And he actually used the shoulder operated on to run an entire offense.  Pep will be fine and I believe SIGCHI in that he will be back as well.  At this age, if he was retiring he probably would've already announced it.

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

You’re the best. 

Peppers camp stopped speaking with standard Hurney personnel last week before news broke.  Becker is only card on the table.  No other Panther phone calls are being answered.

No other teams being considered.

5 minutes ago, SIGCHI222 said:

Peppers camp stopped speaking with standard Hurney personnel last week before news broke.  Becker is only card on the table.  No other Panther phone calls are being answered.

No other teams being considered.

Why did they stop talking with Hurney?

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Probably cuz he went on paid leave. 

He said it was a week before the news broke. I assume news meant allegations and paid leave. Regardless, if he was coming back why stop talking? I’m not doubting , just curious 

4 hours ago, The Lobo said:

He said it was a week before the news broke. I assume news meant allegations and paid leave. Regardless, if he was coming back why stop talking? I’m not doubting , just curious 

he said he stopped talking to the standard hurney personnel and is only dealing with becker.  Probably because there is a gm search

15 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I think that was pretty quick. He probably would've taken more time before having surgery had he not intended on trying to play. Its pobably a good sign that he would like to come back next year if all went well. 

Ditto, I believe he is gonna give it one more shots with his Pal old man Davis and get that ring.

Panthers should get an another edge rusher and emulate the Philly style of DL rotation.

23 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Maybe...but this is 3 mo recovery...no biggie...if  he comes back

Unless it was just cleaning up scar tissue, it is not a 3 month recovery.

4.5 months out of labrum repair myself and can tell you that even with the trainers available at his disposal, 3 months would be a very fast recovery from this surgery.

Even for an athlete like him, it's going to be 5-6 months before he'd be able to play in a game and be able to tackle without hurting himself.

Which means he should be ready for the start of the season unless he had a really bad tear

33 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Unless it was just cleaning up scar tissue, it is not a 3 month recovery.

4.5 months out of labrum repair myself and can tell you that even with the trainers available at his disposal, 3 months would be a very fast recovery from this surgery.

Even for an athlete like him, it's going to be 5-6 months before he'd be able to play in a game and be able to tackle without hurting himself.

Which means he should be ready for the start of the season unless he had a really bad tear

Wouldn't a bad tear have been noticeable during games...but the point is He should be  ready if he comes back...which is good news

21 hours ago, The Lobo said:

2/2/18 was last phone call between Peepers and Hurney.  Whether it was the Peepers group and the Marty group or Pep and Marty personally I don't know.  Last Friday was "last week".  I don't know if word started getting around inner-circles on 2/2/18 but I know the contact stopped on that day.

Becker parties and Peeper parties spoke on Monday and again on Tuesday.  That's all I've got at the moment.

Archived