• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel will likely miss OTAs

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Ace_Aladdin said:

Corrected 

H-hey! I can bold too anon!

WR is not biggest need. We have Samuel and Byrd. TE is not biggest need. We have Olsen and Dickson. FS is much more diar than those two spots. Also Harrison isn't quite BPA but his potential is godly and he is the best safety avalible. I never said we shouldn't take a WR, just not at 24. Jaleel Scott is who I want in the 3rd to play WR.

May miss OTAs but he's still showing up to the stadium every day while the rest of the NFL is on vacation.

Shows that hes got the drive to succeed. I still believe he'll end being the steal our our 2017 draft (CMC will never be considered a steal at pick 8).

WR Needs and will be addressed thia offseason 

We have

Funchess

Samuel- who was a Raw prospect coming in and had to learn full route trees.  He missed a Lot last year in camp because injuries and ended the year on IR

Bryd- a former undrafted that finally made it off the practice squad. coming off a injury

Russell Shepard

Bersin

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

WR Needs and will be addressed thia offseason 

We have

Funchess

Samuel- who was a Raw prospect coming in and had to learn full route trees.  He missed a Lot last year in camp because injuries and ended the year on IR

Bryd- a former undrafted that finally made it off the practice squad. coming off a injury

Russell Shepard

Bersin

I think it's a near certainty that Shepard is released.

We desperately need an impact WR. Funchess is an okay starter, Samuel is an intriguing prospect, Byrd is an okay #4 option, but damn do we need another legit starting caliber WR.

Get Landry or Watkins in here. fuging pay them. Draft a WR anyways. Get a safety or DE in 2nd. I don't trust Samuel going forward b/c i believe health was an issue coming out of college. That carried through training camp, half the season, and now not expected to be seen until August? poo sit him another year. Wonder if we could somehow get Adam Thielen?

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Those claiming that we need a legit starter because the team is thin at the position are the same people who praised the KB trade.  You people need to get together and get your story straight.

I hated the KB trade BTW. Are you trying to say that if we get one pro bowler that cam is going to go back in to focusing on that one guy? we also have olsen and he now recognizes if the read isn't there , he has CMC. We need a playmaker for deep balls. This team has severely lacked deep balls the past three years.

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Get Landry or Watkins in here. fuging pay them. Draft a WR anyways. Get a safety or DE in 2nd. I don't trust Samuel going forward b/c i believe health was an issue coming out of college. That carried through training camp, half the season, and now not expected to be seen until August? poo sit him another year. Wonder if we could somehow get Adam Thielen?

Pretty sure Samuel only missed one game in his three seasons at OSU.

I wasn’t really in favor of drafting a WR early. Just wanted to sign a vet to contribute right away. But now I’m starting to think we should draft a WR early AND sign a vet. We need to finally fix the problem for the present and foreseeable future. 

2 hours ago, caatfan said:

Here's hoping Samuel's getting all his injuries over with in year one. I take it as a good sign that he wasn't injury prone at OSU.

And I think we should all be optimistic bc we have the best doctors around. Teams are forever sending their players to get checked out in Charlotte.

54 minutes ago, KDawg004 said:

I wasn’t really in favor of drafting a WR early. Just wanted to sign a vet to contribute right away. But now I’m starting to think we should draft a WR early AND sign a vet. We need to finally fix the problem for the present and foreseeable future. 

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Not at all.

Archived