• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The complaint - What do you make of this?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, ZoneRead said:

I think the lady is crazy but man I'm desperate for ol Martin to hit the bricks and leave us alone as a team....

I would like to move on too but I would rather have Hurney than no GM this offseason. The biggest problem is that we seem to have made a sham of the hiring process with no intention of doing anything but keeping Marty. Gotta blame ownership and front office management for that.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would like to move on too but I would rather have Hurney than no GM this offseason. The biggest problem is that we seem to have made a sham of the hiring process with no intention of doing anything but keeping Marty. Gotta blame ownership and front office management for that.

True, I don't know what to think anymore  during my youth I left the cowboys back in the late 90's ( you know the crack head team) once the panthers came into the league  ......just to realize later on I'm  cheering on another crazy organization now I see why our team acted strange after the superbowl season seem like they knew about all this stuff was going on.

Just want this team to be detached from JR and his yes man/women but we do need someone for the draft....and get back to football.

I hope they don't put us on hard knocks...

10 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I noted in another thread last night that I have no idea the truth of the Hurney matter but, that aside, the ex's description to me sounded like she plagiarized the script of a bad Lifetime movie.

Oprah is buying that script as soon as she sells. 

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But the sad truth is that's not the position we're in.  We do have alternate choices, and good ones.  Better ones than Hurney to be honest.

If they're ignoring the other options, it's by deliberate choice, not because they aren't there.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But the sad truth is that's not the position we're in.  We do have alternate choices, and good ones.  Better ones than Hurney to be honest.

If they're ignoring the other options, it's by deliberate choice, not because they aren't there.

Yeah and that is what I alluded to in the post. It isn't really Hurney's fault the process is a sham and as much as I would like to move on, the team has to be on board with that too. That doesn't really seem to be the case. If I have the choice between Hurney or no GM, I will pick Hurney. I fully admit that is a pretty rough set of options in the first place.

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

You don't.

Panthers will have a GM.

Your choice is Hurney or someone else.

Between those two choices, I choose someone else.

The vast majority of people who know football and are not named Jerry Richardson would likely do the same.

16 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

You don't.

Panthers will have a GM.

Your choice is Hurney or someone else.

Between those two choices, I choose someone else.

Maybe. At this point, it appears like the process was set up to usher Hurney back into the role. If that isn't going to happen, now we are left "really" having to go through the process to get a guy, all with the combine less than a month away and the opening of free agency a little over a month away. Not a good situation, no matter how you look at it.

I honestly just hope the rumors of the hiring/interview process being a sham are just flat untrue. 

Archived