• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The complaint - What do you make of this?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

My ex stalked me and the children. [Note: This was before the age of cell phones.] 'Visited' our yard anytime he wanted. Broke into the house and beat me until I grabbed a frying pan. Bad luck for me, he ended up behind me in a bad traffic jam and proceeded to push and ram my car trying to have it hit the car in front of me. Would dial our phone every night then leave his connected thus blocking the phone line. Etc, etc. Requested a restraining order 3 times and it was never granted until the day he broke my car window while I was in the car. He spent a week in jail for that. I eventually moved to another state to get away from him because the violence was escalating and, honestly, restraining orders aren't worth squat. To the rest of the world, my ex was a model citizen; to me he was a monster.

So most of the 'men' of the Huddle, by reading a lawyer-written piece of paper, have decided that Mrs. ex-Hurney is nuts, paranoid. You don't know paranoid. You don't know the fear and terror that stalking causes. Thank God that GM stopped making the El Camino because that is what he drove. Any time I saw one, even being hundreds of miles away, even a different color, I would start shaking and sweating and panicking. 

I'm not saying she's right or wrong or that he's right or wrong. It's probably a grey area in between. But, please, STOP assuming you know Mrs. ex-Hurney's state of mind because you don't.

I've dealt with a family member and mental illness, and it started almost exactly like this, down to mentioning the FBI and the police involvement. 

Have you?

Don't care for Hurney as a GM but this seems really preposterous. 

Think of what would have had to happen in order for "Martin" or his "proxies" to have done what she claims.

The person(s) would have to had intimate knowledge of the property and have known exactly what book she was reading, where the book was placed, and the contents of the book. If it were random book, the "proxies" then would have had to sit there in the room/bookshelf and go through the entire book going through looking for those key words. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I've dealt with a family member and mental illness, and it started almost exactly like this, down to mentioning the FBI and the police involvement. 

Have you?

Have I what? Developed mental illness? lol, no. (Wait a minute, let me think about that. :thinking:) Has he? I don't know. He's an alcoholic so probably not. No FBI, police were reluctant.  It was a time when everyone in authority did everything they could to not become involved in what they saw simply as domestic disputes.

3 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

That our court/justice system is not always correct, especially when it comes to domestic violence. They didn't "side" with Marty, they denied a restraining order. Big difference.

So YOU know more than the judge in this case because you read it online ? 

And yes - the judge sided with Marty Hurneys side of things on this matter or he would have issued a restraining order.  To not do so means he or she did not believe  believed  Marty's ex.

34 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

So YOU know more than the judge in this case because you read it online ? 

And yes - the judge sided with Marty Hurneys side of things on this matter or he would have issued a restraining order.  To not do so means he or she did not believe  believed  Marty's ex.

Don't even try to troll me. No, I don't know more than the judge. It was reported, though, that the order was denied because there wasn't enough evidence that she needed it. Not that Marty is innocent.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't think so. It reads like someone in need of psychological help. 

Yeah, none of that reads like a conniving mind because most of that is not very believable to a rational person. Definitely some psychological issues at work there. I have met my fair share of that crowd existing in normal walks of life with limited checks on them. Mental health is one area this country does a particularly atrocious job of handling.

Archived