• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The complaint - What do you make of this?

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Enough of a problem to part ways with Hurney? Unknown. We'll see.

I wonder how the new ownership will react to this--I doubt they keep him around.  If they do, in a climate where women are rising up with a united voice, paired with the fact that women are a large part of the fan base AND the NFL popularity is on decline---I just do not see MH's value overcoming the PR message keeping him creates.  This is business, not justice.  MH has no contract or job more than interim, so you do not even have to give him a reason.  Giving him a contract (not keeping him and supporting him--we would have to hire him amidst this mess).  Ain't happening. 

Hope you are feeling better SCOT.

My ex stalked me and the children. [Note: This was before the age of cell phones.] 'Visited' our yard anytime he wanted. Broke into the house and beat me until I grabbed a frying pan. Bad luck for me, he ended up behind me in a bad traffic jam and proceeded to push and ram my car trying to have it hit the car in front of me. Would dial our phone every night then leave his connected thus blocking the phone line. Etc, etc. Requested a restraining order 3 times and it was never granted until the day he broke my car window while I was in the car. He spent a week in jail for that. I eventually moved to another state to get away from him because the violence was escalating and, honestly, restraining orders aren't worth squat. To the rest of the world, my ex was a model citizen; to me he was a monster.

So most of the 'men' of the Huddle, by reading a lawyer-written piece of paper, have decided that Mrs. ex-Hurney is nuts, paranoid. You don't know paranoid. You don't know the fear and terror that stalking causes. Thank God that GM stopped making the El Camino because that is what he drove. Any time I saw one, even being hundreds of miles away, even a different color, I would start shaking and sweating and panicking. 

I'm not saying she's right or wrong or that he's right or wrong. It's probably a grey area in between. But, please, STOP assuming you know Mrs. ex-Hurney's state of mind because you don't.

5 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

That just sounds like an ex who was denied more alimony and is now off her meds.

Tracking her pets?

Hacked into her security system?

Recruited people to stalk her?

That is some next level crazy.

In her defense

It has to be investigated, because simply, these kinds of things NEED to be investigated. Sometimes they sound crazy, but sometimes a streak of crazy gets in a normal person and stuff like that happens.

I do think, reading the initial complaints, that it would be beyond belief for someone to break into another person's house, find the book they are reading and then take the time to read it and find pertinent passages and post-it note them for the person to find, much less underline chapter titles and whatnot. Not that it is impossible to do so, but who has that much time after breaking into a place to sit down and do that? 

And how would someone break into a classroom and go through a teacher's (I guess) files and folders just to find one in particular, then write and doodle all over it? No security camera footage, no notice of someone breaking into a school at all?

I'm not saying this is all impossible, but it sure seems mighty improbable.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

My ex stalked me and the children. [Note: This was before the age of cell phones.] 'Visited' our yard anytime he wanted. Broke into the house and beat me until I grabbed a frying pan. Bad luck for me, he ended up behind me in a bad traffic jam and proceeded to push and ram my car trying to have it hit the car in front of me. Would dial our phone every night then leave his connected thus blocking the phone line. Etc, etc. Requested a restraining order 3 times and it was never granted until the day he broke my car window while I was in the car. He spent a week in jail for that. I eventually moved to another state to get away from him because the violence was escalating and, honestly, restraining orders aren't worth squat. To the rest of the world, my ex was a model citizen; to me he was a monster.

So most of the 'men' of the Huddle, by reading a lawyer-written piece of paper, have decided that Mrs. ex-Hurney is nuts, paranoid. You don't know paranoid. You don't know the fear and terror that stalking causes. Thank God that GM stopped making the El Camino because that is what he drove. Any time I saw one, even being hundreds of miles away, even a different color, I would start shaking and sweating and panicking. 

I'm not saying she's right or wrong or that he's right or wrong. It's probably a grey area in between. But, please, STOP assuming you know Mrs. ex-Hurney's state of mind because you don't.

A a judge that sees this sort of thing all the time,  apparently sided with Marty, so whats that tell us?

12 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

A a judge that sees this sort of thing all the time,  apparently sided with Marty, so whats that tell us?

That our court/justice system is not always correct, especially when it comes to domestic violence. They didn't "side" with Marty, they denied a restraining order. Big difference.

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is far more likely that she is having some mental problems and really needs some help. After reading it I am not upset at Marty but more concerned for this lady. 

Or she’s a total piece of poo like a lot of people turn into when their marriage doesn’t work...

Archived