• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC improvement pretty drastic

Jeremy Igo

if not for Stewarts monster games against Miami and Vikings, he'd have a pretty piss poor average in the 2nd half of the season. CMC was more consistent . But overally , both stew and CMCs averages went up in the 2nd half of the season. 

Line started blocking better but I also think McCaffrey was making better choices while running. He wasn't trying as much to set people up when hes way in the backfield, looked more decisive and hit holes when he saw them. 

I still think he could stand to gain 10lbs of solid muscle to get to 215-218 lbs will help him actually shrugg off arm tackles and be able to bounce off defenders more. Thats the only thing that currently frustrates me with him, the lack of consistent physicality while running and getting brought down too easily. 

29 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

if not for Stewarts monster games against Miami and Vikings, he'd have a pretty piss poor average in the 2nd half of the season. CMC was more consistent . But overally , both stew and CMCs averages went up in the 2nd half of the season. 

Line started blocking better but I also think McCaffrey was making better choices while running. He wasn't trying as much to set people up when hes way in the backfield, looked more decisive and hit holes when he saw them. 

I still think he could stand to gain 10lbs of solid muscle to get to 215-218 lbs will help him actually shrugg off arm tackles and be able to bounce off defenders more. Thats the only thing that currently frustrates me with him, the lack of consistent physicality while running and getting brought down too easily. 

Honestly I bet CMC is likely on the low to mid 190s. He was 202 at the Combine and I get they had a goal of stepping on that scale at 200+. He probably put on a few pounds and likely stepped on that scale tanked full of water to come in as heavy as possible.

I'd love to see him play at a real world 205ish.

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Almost like rookies often take some time to adapt. Weird.

Well most NFL fans have been spoiled by Gurley , Zeke, Howard, Hunt, Kamara, Fournette , when really these guys are the exception to the rule. Takes most NFL players 2 or 3 seasons to really get ingratiated into the offense and take off , and /or for the ideal opportunity /circumstance to present itself for better success.

NFL com combine pro comparison for CMC was tiki barber. Similar size coming out of college, and tiki really didn't take off until year 3 or 4 when the Giants started feeding him more and his game got better over time . 

Also mccaffeys dad's career didn't really take off til he went to the Broncos later in his career . Yea he was a 6'5" WR but point im just trying to reiterate is that some if not most players take some time to find the right time and place to shine 

How could anyone EXPECT a quick take off with Shula calling the plays...

Been some wasted talent, and opportunities here at times due to a lack of efficient and consistently effective play-calling...2015 is the outlier, but 13, 14, 16, 17 were all returns to the mean on what a Shula led offense looks like. 

Give the history of Turner, I expect a HB to be drafted, as well a receiver with size & speed in the mid 4.4's at some point. 

11 personnel with Funchess and Olsen at the intermediate, and any combination of Byrd, Samuel, draft pick with CMC in the back-field along side Cam is a very interesting group. I'd also like to see Dickson as the 3rd TE, and a potential heir brought in. 

We got old fast in some places on both sides, and that includes TE.

What a weird graph. It looks like you are trying to compare week 9 to week 1, Week 10 to week 2, etc. 

I think it was all about confidence and trusting his speed. He looked a lot more comforatble as the season progressed. He quit trying to juke people as soon as he got the ball and started picking up the yards that were there. Early it looked more like he wanted the home-run every play rather than puting his head down and getting the extra 3 yards he could have had.

Archived