• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers didn't even contact Ryan Cowden

Jeremy Igo

21 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Not always, but greed knows no limits. 

I think in this case, we are hoping Richardson decides to be greedy instead of "taking a hit for the 'good' of the team".

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We just have to sit through the Panthers trying to convince the NFL that they have black friends.

Im not sure people understand how ridiculous this whole argument is. Honestly both sides are a crock of crap. Its not sufficient evidence to say one has black friends, but then again... You would think if the person saying that was indeed racist, any black acquaintances they have wouldnt want to hang around them. Which means its one of two things... 1) they are lying about having black friends and may well be racist, or 2) they really do and those black friends obviously dont think they are racist so its ridiculous to say that they are.

either way its a stupid argument to have. Institutionalized racism is not a widespread occurrance. Im not saying that racist f*cks dont exist. Just that there is nothing close to the type of segregation/Jim-Crow bullshit this country committed 50 years ago. Anyone who says that it is widespread is either ignorant, deceitful, or just trying to cover for their own shortcomings. 

i expect to get sh*t for this and im okay with that. truth hurts.

as for the Panthers... i highly doubt their GM search is racially motivated. They may still make a dumbass mistake and go with the familiar over the better qualified, but it wont be because the candidates are black. 

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Why don’t they just slap the interim tag on Hurney and wait for new ownership to do what they want. Hiring a new GM just months before we have new owners is mind-numbingly stupid IMO

That's what they were trying to do. Apparently, the Fritz Pollard Alliance felt they were using the tag to dodge interviewing minority candidates.

They're partially right. The Panthers were actually using the tag to keep from interviewing any candidates.

5 hours ago, Tomás The Boss said:

How does it feel not knowing what institutionalized racism is? It feels great actually, as I'm sure it does to the many people of color who have somehow succeeded in this country despite the spectre of the racist, evil white man constantly pressing his thumb on the neck of the poor colored person. Is there a sort of hard-earned pride at having learned to type "institutionalized" (albeit with a spellcheck assist) in front of "racism" without having had to learn anything? wait... You never learned how to type "institutionalized" without the aid of spell-check. My white privilege sure didn't save me from memorization in 4th grade. Lucky meeeeeee.

To be fair - quite the accomplishment! Like a dog learning to "shake hands"...

I maintain that humanity would have been better off if mothers swallowed more. You're a perfect example, and I have no clue what color your skin is. 

Archived