• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers didn't even contact Ryan Cowden

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On the main topic, looking at his resume', seeing his long Panthers history and knowing how strong a connection he had with this team, why the hell wouldn't you interview Ryan Cowden?

Seriously, why not interview Trent Kirchner for the same reasons?

Because JR only wants Hurney.  The rest is for show.

Well there are probabilities and possibilities 

1. Hurney may be retained for now or continue with new ownership

2. The new owners may buyout whatever is done anyway and this puts money in ole JR’s friends pockets

3. Someone new may be brought in who actually has a proven track record but who would want that not knowing who the owner is going to be

Probability is  Hurney, sadly

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Well there are probabilities and possibilities 

1. Hurney may be retained for now or continue with new ownership

2. The new owners may buyout whatever is done anyway and this puts money in ole JR’s friends pockets

3. Someone new may be brought in who actually has a proven track record but who would want that not knowing who the owner is going to be

Probability is  Hurney, sadly

This is why I’m not letting this GM search stress me out. The new owner is more than likely going to want their guy running things. Whoever gets the job now will hold the job for a year, and will be toast if the team doesn’t have a successful season. If I was a potential candidate, and knew a team would be changing ownership in the near future, I don’t know if I would take the chance knowing it may only be a short term gig. Might as well be Hurney. 

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

Do people still not know Hurney is getting a 2 year extension? How?

Because they believe the process is actually valid?

Yeah, I know. We just have to sit through the Panthers trying to convince the NFL that they have black friends.

Question @RoaringRiot

Do you believe the Panthers have any idea just how ridiculous they're going to look after they go through the motions with three highly qualified black candidates then hire a white candidate who's far less qualified than all of them?

I know they've at least heard the chatter because a "team official" took the time to try and convince Joe Person that this is a real search and not a sham. But overall, their self-awareness doesn't seem to be too high right now.

6 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Y’all are some really sad folks right now. Dave Gettleman rode Marty’s coattail. Marty made 3 huge mistakes while GM. Brown trade, Deangelo deal, and Delhomme extension. I think he’s learned from those mistakes 

A GM whose team hasn't made the playoffs in five years doesn't have "coattails". 

Archived