• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers didn't even contact Ryan Cowden

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

If you did a secret poll most Panther fans want to keep Hurney..in public they hate him but secretly love him sort of like Donald Trump 

I don't doubt it. Hurney has that "aww shucks, golly gee gosh" attitude that people around here love so much. Same reason Jake Delhomme lasted so long.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

This interview process is basically the institutional equivalent of "I've got a lot of black friends".

They'll hand the job to Hurney while insisting they gave a fair shot to a group of African American candidates (even if they actually didn't).

Would seem to make it pretty clear that the decision to do these interviews now was brought on by pressure from the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Ugh. The leadership of this team is so frustratingly incompetent. And no self-awareness at all. They seem to have no clue just how stupid they look.

"They'll hand the job to Hurney while insisting they gave a fair shot to a group of African American candidates (even if they actually didn't).'

That is the NFL's fault for implementing a stupid rule to be fair.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

He'll be gone a season or two after new ownership takes over and if he's not that means he's doing a good job. Win/win situation. 

Uh being fired a second time for sucking ass and destroying the cap and team for two years after ALREADY doing it for a decade is not a win. Makes the Panthers look like idiots and fugs up my team.

id much much much rather give someone qualified upcoming an earned chance and fail than give a-no-where-near qualified journalist a second chance after he’s already failed.

Why do people on this board seem to never think about the fact all these other names are getting looks from all over the nfl and at the least have held recent positions in the nfl where as Hunrney is literally a no one except to the Panthers? What do you guys possibly think that means lol come on 

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I will bump the post if I have to, because I've said from day one of the rumors that Hurney would be interm GM that the plan all along was to give him the GM job back. 

To be fair though, you're not the only one who's said that. It's actually a pretty commonly help opinion.

Just now, Fox007 said:

fixed

That too.

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

If you did a secret poll most Panther fans want to keep Hurney..in public they hate him but secretly love him sort of like Donald Trump 

false it wouldn't even be 30% in favor of Hurney.

No one I know IRL wants Hurney and not even half on this board.

Cmon y'all, we all know that Hurney was cool with Richardson's shenanigans, so Jerry is going to make sure Hurney gets the GM job with his last bit of power. Once new ownership actually takes ahold, (if it actually takes control of the team and is not just some shell fraud still somehow run by Richardson), we might actually see a competent GM return to the helm. I'm not hopeful right now. 

Just now, hepcat said:

Cmon y'all, we all know that Hurney was cool with Richardson's shenanigans, so Jerry is going to make sure Hurney gets the GM job with his last bit of power. Once new ownership actually takes ahold, (if it actually takes control of the team and is not just some shell fraud still somehow run by Richardson), we might actually see a competent GM return to the helm. I'm not hopeful right now. 

That actually is something to think about.

There's still an NFL investigation going on, and nobody worked more closely with Jerry Richardson than Marty Hurney.

What happens if he gets handed the job and then someone discovers he knew all about Ricardson's issues?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That actually is something to think about.

There's still an NFL investigation going on, and nobody worked more closely with Jerry Richardson than Marty Hurney.

What happens if he gets handed the job and then someone discovers he knew all about Ricardson's issues?

Anyone who worked closely with Richardson had to know. Players, management, hell even the ball boys might have seen Richardson grab some interns boobs at training camp sometime. Hurney sure as hell knew about what Richardson was up to.

Archived