• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers didn't even contact Ryan Cowden

Jeremy Igo

This interview process is basically the institutional equivalent of "I've got a lot of black friends".

They'll hand the job to Hurney while insisting they gave a fair shot to a group of African American candidates (even if they actually didn't).

Would seem to make it pretty clear that the decision to do these interviews now was brought on by pressure from the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Ugh. The leadership of this team is so frustratingly incompetent. And no self-awareness at all. They seem to have no clue just how stupid they look.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This interview process is basically the institutional equivalent of "I've got a lot of black friends".

They'll hand the job to Hurney while insisting they gave a fair shot to a group of African American candidates (even if they actually didn't).

Would seem to make it pretty clear that the decision to do these interviews now was brought on by pressure from the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Ugh. The leadership of this team is so frustratingly incompetent. And no self-awareness at all. They seem to have no clue just how stupid they look.

Well actually they could be painting themselves into a corner by picking Marty now.  It's not necessarily a good look. But,  in this day and time,  who really gives a fug,  right? perhaps ol' man Jer knows exactly what message he's sending.   I'm sure @AggieLean knows what I'm saying. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Well actually they could be painting themselves n a corner by picking Marty now.  It's not necessarily a good look. But,  in this day and time,  who really gives a fug,  right? perhaps ol' man Jer knows exactly what message he's sending.   I'm sure @AggieLean knows what I'm saying. 

If it's what I feared from the beginning and this is JR acting through a Tina Becker puppet to orchestrate one last payday for his buddy Marty, none of that matters. The Rooney Rule has clearly been fulfilled. That box is checked.

Archived