• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone mine bitcoin around here?

tepid

2 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

if you havent been mining for a few years at this point, then no reason to start now

That's kinda what I figured. From everything I've read it seems like I missed that train.

What got my interest was the fact that I've got access to free or at least very cheap electricity. 

18 hours ago, chknwing said:

It used to be profitable but right now just power cost alone is going to cost you $3000 to $4,000 to mine 1 Bitcoin. And that doesn't even include cost of the equipment.

sounds like some new pyramid scheme....tell me more.

14 hours ago, tepid said:

That's kinda what I figured. From everything I've read it seems like I missed that train.

What got my interest was the fact that I've got access to free or at least very cheap electricity. 

Mine eth or ltc. It's cheaper.  I debated getting my brothers father in law to set me up a rig.  However I Have been invested in crypto since January of last year.  Just a word of warning my "portfolio" is down about 75% since about since January 5th or so.  Now could be a great time to set up or an awful one. 

Archived