• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Optimism and Enthusiasm

Jeremy Igo

I'm excited we are getting sold.     Never was a huge JR fan, especially after the pie chart thing, and honestly don't like his acceptance of mediocrity.

I'm excited Shula is gone.

I'm not that excited Turner is replacing him, I wanted a bigger change, but this is at least an improvement.

I'm not that excited Rivera is still here, as I'm just not a fan of his no-killer instinct coaching.

I'm not that excited that Hurney is probably sticking around, once again, we need change.

So I'm kind of lukewarm to it all, as I have a feeling it could go either way, bad or good, pretty easily.  

I am taking a wait and see attitude. I am hopefully Hurney will give Norv the personnel he needs which never happened under Gettleman. I hope Norv and Scott can help Cam reach his potential and be more consistent. I hope Washington can adjust the defensive scheme to be less risk and more reward. 

I hope that we can get a few more playmakers on offense and we continue to draft linemen on both sides of the ball to win in the trenches. And I am hopeful the new ownership group keeps the team here, doesn't piss over 62 thousand PSL owners by moving the stadium and stays out of the football side so we don't have another Jerry Jones debacle like in Dallas every year.

Is that asking too much?

Can't really answer right now. Gotta see what off-season roster moves are made. The likelihood of losing Star and/or Norwell is causing some major question marks right now, but moving on from Shula is a HUGE boost. If we don't retain Star and/or Norwell, we have to make some moves to address other weaknesses with that money that we didn't spend on them.

Currently more optimistic. Let's see after the draft, I was really stoked with CMC, Samuel, Moton and really saw the potential in Hall, Armah and Elder. I was so happy with that draft class and at lest the talk of evolution I let myself be duped into thinking this offense was going to take a step forward. You know what they say....fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me. 

So lets see what Marty does, remember this is the guy that wanted to trade up for Pickles and did trade up for Armanti Edwards and Everette Brown. He also thought McClain and Fua were going to anchor the line for years to come.....

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My optimism will depend upon what we acquire as far as wide receivers and at least one cornerback. 

I am optimistic about getting receivers because Hurney specifically  mentioned it. If Norman comes home (and Peppers returns), I'll be really optimistic.

Some years back, we wanted to improve our pass rush. To accomplish this, we drafted Everette Brown.

I'm happy that Hurney wants to improve the receiving corps. Unfortunately, I'm also familiar with the receivers he's acquired in the past.

Desiring to fix something is great, but it's the execution of that fix that makes all the difference.

Two ways to look at this offseason:

Personnel: I feel pretty good about the team, but Cam needs recievers in a bad way. The OC change should help develop our existing players and play more to the strengths of our players.

Ownership: I personally believe the owner is already in place and that it's one of the minority owners. This would be best case scenario. But if it's not, this will be the story of the offseason. Team need to stay put and play in B of A. I'll be nervous until that whole situation is settled.

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Compared to last season at this time. 

Before we drafted CMC and Samuel, I was not very optimistic with Shula still running the same garbage as 2016.

Just the thought of Turner's way of running the Air Coryell system is very exciting.   It takes one of Cam's greatest attributes, his powerful arm, and puts it on display.    I am excited with the players we have but will be more optimistic after we sign a player Turner wants on this team.

Defensively, I think Washington is going to bring great energy and use the tools he has better than Wilks did.

With a couple decent free agents and a good draft we would be set to give R. Kalil and TD the perfect send off.

Go Panthers

Mike Wallace.. PLEASE . Speed vet WR we desperately need. And at 32 yrs old to start next season, he shouldn't be expensive. 

This dude could be a perfect mentor as well for Samuel and Byrd. And we wouldn't really need to draft a WR , could focus more on the defense . 

Archived