• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Optimism and Enthusiasm

Jeremy Igo

Positives for Offense: Norv's system, CMC 2nd year, Funchess growing, Samuel healthy, Bryd healthy..
Negatives for Offense: O-line, O-line, O-line, Kalil retiring..

Positives for Defense: Washington taking over - not so Blitz heavy
Negatives for Defense: Secondary: Legit safeties, Legit corners, Legit edge rushers, Star probably gone, TD retiring..

Front Office: New ownership group, New GM (hopefully)..

Overall Optimism: 7.5/10.. but my interest is through the roof..

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Compared to this point last year, are you more or less optimistic about the Panthers upcoming season?

How enthusiastic are you for Panthers football in general?

Slightly more optimistic about Carolina simply because of Norv > Shula be a good enough margin it trumps whatever roster movement we have IMO. 

But my overall enthusiam is about the same. 

26 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

not very optimistic, and kinda down on the nfl as a whole tbh

I personally have enjoyed college more of late.  Which is really a first.  Now part of that probably has a lot to do with my team being in the college playoffs the past 3 straight years but there seems to be less overall BS with the college game (and I'm not talking about the anthem stuff) 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I personally have enjoyed college more of late.  Which is really a first.  Now part of that probably has a lot to do with my team being in the college playoffs the past 3 straight years but there seems to be less overall BS with the college game (and not talking about the anthem stuff) 

oh yeah, college is absolutely a better product at this point. It's a less sophisticated game to be sure, but it's way more entertaining. 

nfl just has too many breaks, too many flags, and is too much of a broken product at this point. 

besides, if you get the chance you need to go to an Atlanta United game. That's just about the best fan experience I've ever had not in an SEC football game. 

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

oh yeah, college is absolutely a better product at this point. It's a less sophisticated game to be sure, but it's way more entertaining. 

nfl just has too many breaks, too many flags, and is too much of a broken product at this point. 

besides, if you get the chance you need to go to an Atlanta United game. That's just about the best fan experience I've ever had not in an SEC football game. 

yeah, I have never been into soccer.  If my son sticks with it (currently his favorite sport) I'm sure we will gravitate to some of those games/teams to watch. 

I watched less Panther games this year than any year I have been a fan.  A lot of that is just "adulting" and having kids in activities now on Sunday but in the past I would have DVR'd it and avoided all contact with folks.  Now,  it simply isn't a huge deal if I miss a game.  But I still love watching it. 

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

even if you dont like soccer, you should definitely give ATL United games a shot. 

They're outselling the Falcons. Like, 70k people on a wednesday night. it's insanity.

Doesn't Charleston have a semi pro team now?  Is that still going on? We spent tons of time down there so that might be a good intro for my folks. 

Thing that makes me the most optimistic is that we’re getting new ownership. I have to believe that any person/people who are willing to put up 2.3-2.5 billion dollars to buy a NFL team will not be like JR and run this team the way he did. 

If you have good leadership at the top and you have people who aren’t ok with losing then everything else will take care of itself.

Archived