• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Optimism and Enthusiasm

Jeremy Igo

Quite a bit more excited and mostly because we've replaced Shula with someone who knows what they're doing. 

Lots of change going on and that, on it's own, excites me too.

Im not crazy about an off-season with hurney, but even that's not going to kill my buzz.

Compared to last season at this time. 

Before we drafted CMC and Samuel, I was not very optimistic with Shula still running the same garbage as 2016.

Just the thought of Turner's way of running the Air Coryell system is very exciting.   It takes one of Cam's greatest attributes, his powerful arm, and puts it on display.    I am excited with the players we have but will be more optimistic after we sign a player Turner wants on this team.

Defensively, I think Washington is going to bring great energy and use the tools he has better than Wilks did.

With a couple decent free agents and a good draft we would be set to give R. Kalil and TD the perfect send off.

Go Panthers

Less optimism as a whole.  Replacing Shula will help with my stress level during the games but with JR and Hurney at the helm I have little hope this coming season will be any different than it has always been.  As a matter of fact I am expecting it to be worse.

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Quite a bit more excited and mostly because we've replaced Shula with someone who knows what they're doing. 

Lots of change going on and that, on it's own, excites me too.

Im not crazy about an off-season with hurney, but even that's not going to kill my buzz.

And we'll get a new Owner my man. poo rolls downhill. And I think the new owner will not be content with mediocrity. At least that's what I hope. 

35 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Compared to this point last year, are you more or less optimistic about the Panthers upcoming season?

How enthusiastic are you for Panthers football in general?

I all in on the TURNER train...I think that will cover deficiencies in the GM dept...best move we have made in yrs...

I am a bit upset that Marty Hurney is back and it could be that he is to be given the job.  How short our memories are--how was Marty Hurney at drafting or signing CBs? WRs? and DTs?  He sucks. He traded away the #1 WR for future draft picks during a playoff run.  While I support the trade, you do it during the offseason--not when it weakens your team. 

Last year, I had no idea that Wilks would be blitzing every down with a secondary featuring zone CBs and slowish safeties.   I think our defense should be elite, but it gave up too many points.

Offensively, it should never have taken this long to get rid of Dorsey.  Cam has not been improving his accuracy and mechanics.  Crazy.  Then there is Shula.  We have weapons that were not used properly. 

So, considering the fact that we are not improving with Marty Hurney and we might give the village idiot the checkbook and keys, I like Washington and his comments so far.  I like the Norv Turner move. 

So much remains to be seen in the preseason.  While I think that the Hurney decision has been made, it remains to be seen how his love for his successful draft picks will impact what should be objective decisions.  Looking at the numbers, he probably has to release Stewart.  Will he?  Will he release Ryan Kalil?  Charles Johnson?  Will Peppers re-sign with Hurney here? 

I am not optimistic about Hurney.  If there was one team who should no better, it is Carolina. 

Archived