• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Transcript from Media CC with Norv Turner

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

He believes in power running game and knows stew is cooked

thinks our receivers are lousy route runners but young and can be taught

basically said our schemes and play calling was dismal

most importantly...he is chomping at the bit because he knows what he has in Cam

this is really good...pisses me off though in that Shula and Dorsey should have both been gone a yr ago

bet norv doesn’t lose to the saints three times in a yr

Truth is he didn't say much of what you think you heard. He didn't discuss a lot of personnel evaluations deferring that to Rivera and Hurney.  

He liked our receivers as a group and said he would help route running by teaching them how to explode out of their breaks for example but he didn't say they ran poor routes.

He said he will keep the same scheme and didn't address play calling specifically.  And you were finally right in that he is excited with what he has in Cam and can't wait to fix his issues.

Great Job Jeremy,

I couldn't help but think about Michael Jordan and the Bulls in his early years.  In his first couple of years players would expect Mike to win the game for them.   Then they got players that knew their role and performed that role at a high level and the Bulls Dominated the 90's because each player played at a high level.  If you look at those players after the Bulls broke up most of them disappeared as far as talented.

I think in some sense this is the same with Cam.  Many of the players expected Cam to win the game for us.  He was pretty good at putting this team on his shoulders and carrying us to a win.   Turner wants everyone to step up their game and produce or he'll find someone who will.    I believe we will add a veteran and IMO it will be someone who has played in Turner's offense before.   I also believe our young receivers (Funchess, Samuel and Byrd) have the skills he desires on this team.  

To me, Turner gets it.  He knows the potential of this team and getting everyone onboard to be their absolute best is his #1 priority.  I honestly see a very impressive and potent offense in 2018 and beyond.  

Hopefully, Turner stays a couple/three seasons and then turns the reigns over to his son.  This should take the Turner offense through the rest of Cam's career.

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

He believes in power running game and knows stew is cooked

thinks our receivers are lousy route runners but young and can be taught

basically said our schemes and play calling was dismal

most importantly...he is chomping at the bit because he knows what he has in Cam

this is really good...pisses me off though in that Shula and Dorsey should have both been gone YEARS ago

bet norv doesn’t lose to the saints three times in a yr

FIXED

14 hours ago, Castavar said:

A big thing that stands out to me is when he talks about "depending on who we're playing". Shula NEVER gameplanned around the team we were playing. It was either his way or fail (and usually it ended in fail). He never attacked weaknesses or used mismatches to break a defense down. Thank fuggin God Shula is finally gone.

Yeah, the biggest thing that sticks out to me about Norv is his love of finding mismatches and attacking weaknesses. Which means we might see some adjusting.....dare I say it......MID-GAME. 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, Pantha-kun said:

"So I think there's some technique things that we'll zero in on with Cam, and there will be a major emphasis on the details of the route running, the style of routes and do things where we can do as much to help Cam and help him get the ball out quicker. That helps the protection. That helps everybody." 

Saying all the right things so far. Like the fact he wasted no time getting right to addressing the teams weaknesses. 

you mean shula's weaknesses? we should petition to have the term shula on the huddle changed to he who shall not be named

Archived