• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole Wheat Pasta WTF

SCP

OK, this is a question for all you skinny ass people or people that are trying to get in shape. I have been buying whole wheat pasta at the grocery store and had whole wheat pasta at Olive Garden (OG sucks but the wife is prego and had a craving) last night. I ran once two weeks ago and I don't want to waste that workout. WTF, am I wasting my time with this sh*t or is it really better for me?

Thanks in advance. Also, who in the hell can eat just one Oreo?

Much better for you, and it makes you bowel movements much easier to pass, while being healthier at the same time.

Check the ingredients though on what you buy. Some are sold as "whole wheat", but have a TON of fat containing ingredients to make it.

Buyer beware in other words. :cheers2:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make much difference if you eat a sensible portion.

5 lb of anything is bad.

I ate half for dinner and half for lunch today. I'm good on the portion sizes. I'm just curious if wheat pasta is really that much better than regular pasta.

Whole grains are better carbs ... they have more "dietary fiber," which means they're better for you than regular pasta. (Take the grams of carbs per serving, subtract the grams of "dietary fiber" listed, and you have the "net carbs." The less the better, especially for diabetics and others who need to lower their carb intake.)

There's also a pasta you can buy in some stores, and online, called Dreamfields Pasta -- they make all kinds of noodles, including macaroni, spaghetti, and others. It is high in dietary fiber, and is recommended by nutritionists for diabetics. The diabetes education nurse I worked with when I was first diagnosed highly recommended it, and it tastes great. Looks more like "regular" pasta, so those in the family who are skeptical about the wheat/grain pastas will never know the difference -- it's better for them as well.

Archived