• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should I complain?

Panthers_Lover

I "won" a 32" Sharp Aquos flat-screen TV in an auction a couple of weeks ago. Neither the model nor the brand, for that matter, had been advertised up front, but the retail value of it and the accompanying dvd/vcr combo was listed at $827. I got it for $330 ... great deal, right? (The dvd/vcr combo retails for about $100.)

I ultimately found out it was to be a Sharp Aquos, which is cool. So, in talking to the company that donated it about getting it delivered, I ended up talking to the president (long story). I was interested in knowing the model number, so I could look at the specs. He didn't have the model number, but told me it would be a 1080p ("because they're not making the 720p anymore," he says.).

So, it finally arrived today, and it's a 720p! Retail value is about $550 or less.

Now, should I be pissed and should I complain, or just move on? I still got a pretty good deal, I guess.

Guess I'll just be happy with it ... it's a great TV, I did get a good deal on it (though not as good a deal as it would be if it were the "better" TV), and I helped the college athletics program in the process. Good all the way around. I don't have the need for the dvd/vcr combo -- got one that's also a dvd recorder -- so I'll use it for a charitable organization I chair in our auction.

Archived