• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Changing of the Guard

KBRed

It's apparent that everyone in the locker room was fighting for the Big Cat. He wasn't just someone who writes the checks for them.

"We all feel the same way about him," linebacker Thomas Davisicon-article-link.gif said. "He's done a lot for every man in this locker room. For us to not come through today, it definitely hurts."

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Jerry-Richardson-visits-players-after-final-game-as-owner/3444f567-350d-4ddd-ac67-ab2a4d5c254f

A few weeks ago, I was listening to sports radio when Jon Beason was on. I assumed he would be another salty player that left the organization (i.e. Deangelo Williams). But, he told a remarkable story about Jerry Richardson sitting next to him, holding his hand as he went down for surgery. This spoke volumes to the type of person he was. 

A few years ago, I sent an email to the organization about Jerry Richardson, and thanking him for bringing football to the Carolina's. This was when there was a lot of heat on him. He called me personally to thank me. A billionaire called me personally for supporting him and his team.

Obviously, you can't condone the actions/allegations by himself as the head of this organization. You also can't look past this, if true. But, you can know that he cared about football, he cared about his players, his fans, and his community. We wouldn't even be discussing All-Black Uni's, Panther Logos at Midfield, John Kasay's kick, Shula's inabilities, it is what it is, missed opportunities, X-clown, punting being a good play, Smitty's retirement, Kevin Greene, Cam Newton's tie, and bup bup bup.

I'm glad I have a hometown team I can root for. I'm hopeful our new owner will have the same care for our community and players as he did. 

IMG_2320.JPG

A very slippery slope to defend him these days yet every single player we've heard from is beyond complimentary of him. He may have messed up but you will be hard-pressed to find an owner that players respect more. A bittersweet pill for sure.

What sucks is that we have to throw out the good with the bad.  Jerry did SO MUCH good for the Carolinas, BUT was such a horrible monster behind closed doors.

I don't blame the players for loving Richardson.  They have to look at him through a different perspective than everyone else. 

It just really sucks he was a sick dude with women.

Archived