• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Norwell is the only lineman in the entire NFL that never allowed his QB to be touched this season

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

How can you not sign this man. The pain, the rage, the will to tear you limb from limb, you just know it's going to hurt when he hits you. 

6_4214882.jpg

Im cutting Ryan Kalil and CJ to resign Norwell and try to resign Stah

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Voth believes he plays somewhere else next year.

that would be stupid imho.

if we let norwell go, that's our best offensive weapon behind cam going on the street. personally feel we need to do everything we can to keep him to avoid this offense from being a catastrophe.

Just now, Saca312 said:

that would be stupid imho.

if we let norwell go, that's our best offensive weapon behind cam going on the street. personally feel we need to do everything we can to keep him to avoid this offense from being a catastrophe.

I'd agree, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

'twas me indeed.

He was overrated.

That said, I'll eat my crow and say he's done the best job of any of our OL this season, and obviously any LG in the league.

To be fair, though, we did get him some help on the outside with Matt Kalil, despite people being overly critical of him, and our Center play has been better this year than last (up until last game, at least.)

I fully expect he'll get paid. I dunno if it will be here, but if it isn't, I don't expect him to be so good elsewhere.

The truth is, ultimately, interior linemen have been a dime a dozen the past 10 years or so. As teams move away from the run game more, the position is devalued. You need guys on the outside that can stop the edge rush more than clear a path inside for your RBs. Norwell has been great in both, however.

Shula is still a big part of our run and pass game failures, though.

I'll give Norwell his props, as he is one of the best guards in the league currently.

Archived