• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Morning Football

CARuthless

6 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

See I think Matt Moore had eclipsed Jake Delhomme back in 07 when he played spot duty. The smart move would have been release Jake after Arizona playoffs. Start Moore in 09 and give him a chance. Fox and or Hurney never gave him a shot and never gave him a leash to grow. He was always better than Clausen. We would have at least fielded a competitive team  and they might have kept their jobs.

Jake was never really a franchise QB. We all wanted to believe he was but really he was just a starter who maximized his talent for a few years and made some incredible throws now and again. His 03/04 run was an amazing feel good story and he had the respect of his teammates which is major hard on with John Fox. But really he was like  a 6.5/10 Kurt Warner.  Had he never got hurt who knows what might have happened. But he was always a QB on the verge of getting exposed. When he couldn’t make the tight throws anymore he was done.

This. 

Love Jake, he is a great competitor with a great attitude but he was no superstar. But you don’t need a star QB to win.

I agree with you about Moore.  When Moore was playing well the last few weeks of the 2007 season, we should have given him the reins. He was given a starting job in 2010 when we decided to mail in the season before it started

Even before the Arizona debacle in the playoffs, Jake had so many bad games in 2008 and we were winning in spite of Jake with two 1000 yard rushers. Jake was never the same player after the Tommy John Surgery. 

1 hour ago, LA_Panther said:

This. 

Love Jake, he is a great competitor with a great attitude but he was no superstar. But you don’t need a star QB to win.

I agree with you about Moore.  When Moore was playing well the last few weeks of the 2007 season, we should have given him the reins. He was given a starting job in 2010 when we decided to mail in the season before it started

Even before the Arizona debacle in the playoffs, Jake had so many bad games in 2008 and we were winning in spite of Jake with two 1000 yard rushers. Jake was never the same player after the Tommy John Surgery. 

Moore is and always has been JAG at best. Can we please stop pretending he would have done anything in 2008 or event 2009? I realize this is an old huddle meme at this point (along with HOFer David Gettis) but the body of work is pretty clear.

36 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Moore is and always has been JAG at best. Can we please stop pretending he would have done anything in 2008 or event 2009? I realize this is an old huddle meme at this point (along with HOFer David Gettis) but the body of work is pretty clear.

Had he been the starter in 08 we would have had an even better offense. We won countless games in spite of Jake. 

Im really not nuthugging on Moore. I simply think the man had potential and Fox and Hurney messed up by not giving him a fair shot. They were always too quick to pull the plug on him. I mean the organization was completely out of their mind A. Drafting Clausen. B. Starting him.

Moore is a fringe starter that could have been more if the keys were handed at the right time. And about Jeff Davidson not liking him that’s a fascinating story. I believe it. But JD also sucked ass and Delhomme missed reads all the time.

The reason I bring it up is because I believe it’s a substantial part as to why Hurney is looked at so terribly. He married himself to the no balls inteptitude of John Fox for not adapting to his players and sticking with Delhomme for about 2-3 seasons longer than he should have. Moore wasn’t a Fox guy but he played well when he was healthy and his back wasn’t against the wall(on the field and locker room). He could have lead the 08-10 teams to competitive seasons. But he’s done now, clearly a JAG in Miami, still better than some starters though.

Fox coached like he was running a dynasty that he didn’t earn or have the hardware for. Candyass, no balls, play to lose, and hope my all stars will pull out the win. 

What I hope is that Hurney can learn from his mistakes. He is good at drafting and he will make moves in FA. Just have to keep him from overpaying and separating himself from the head coach when needed.

Archived