• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Morning Football

CARuthless

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

I will always like Smitty for his time here but he’s a total jackass child who will never understand what it means to be a man. It’s fun to see him act that way on the field as a fan of the team he’s on but he has never learned that all that poo needs to stay on the field. And I don’t mean on the practice field either...

The way that he was done---basically dirty at worst,  or classless at best---the man has a right to say his piece.  

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's amazing how many fans there are of a shitty human being that does not even acknowledge the same fans that worship them.  

I'm a fan of our team and players, not a fugging GM in the front office who doesn't give a sh*t about the Carolinas or the community. So yes, I'm going to side with the best player in our franchise's entire history over a GM who is apparently incapable of normal human conversation, and I'm not going to worship him and the ground he walks on.

If you love Gettleman so much, go to a Giants forum. Oh wait, then you won't be rooting for a team in the playoffs...

Just now, TN05 said:

I'm a fan of our team and players, not a fugging GM in the front office who doesn't give a sh*t about the Carolinas or the community. So yes, I'm going to side with the best player in our franchise's entire history over a GM who is apparently incapable of normal human conversation, and I'm not going to worship him and the ground he walks on.

If you love Gettleman so much, go to a Giants forum. Oh wait, then you won't be rooting for a team in the playoffs...

Best player in franchise history?  Stopped reading after that.   Piss off.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Are you under the illusion that I have some alliance with Richardson?   Child please.

I do love it when Huddlers correlate someone else's stance with a different Huddler to try to bring home an argument with said Huddler.

Dur wut.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The way that he was done---basically dirty at worst,  or classless at best---the man has a right to say his piece.  

And Gettleman did this multiple times.

He basically demanded Jordan Gross retire, and he did. Gross is a pretty selfless guy and hasn't said anything bad about it, but anyone else would.

He traded Jon Beason, which was a great move. Beason was a true class act here and did everything we asked, and he didn't say anything until after Gettleman was fired - apparently Gettleman accused him of faking injuries. Anyone who saw Beason play his last few years obviously knew that wasn't true, the guy was made of glass after 2010.

He cut Steve Smith with zero respect. You can agree it's a good move and still think maybe you give a bit more respect when you are cutting the best player in team history, a surefire Hall of Famer. The Patriots do this all the time without having this problem.

He cut Josh Norman because he didn't like his agent. This was a pure dick-swinging move by Gettleman and has hurt us mightily.

Again, this is a guy who is supposed to be handling personnel. He should be capable of making ordinary moves without pissing people off, like most other GMs can do. And he utterly failed. The GM isn't supposed to be BFFs to the players, but he should treat them with respect, especially people who earned it over years of play.

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

And Gettleman did this multiple times.

He basically demanded Jordan Gross retire, and he did. Gross is a pretty selfless guy and hasn't said anything bad about it, but anyone else would.

He traded Jon Beason, which was a great move. Beason is a good guy and didn't say anything until he left - apparently Gettleman accused him of faking injuries. Anyone who saw Beason play his last few years obviously knew that wasn't true, teh guy was made of glass after 2010.

He cut Steve Smith with zero respect. You can agree it's a good move and still think maybe you give a bit more respect when you are cutting the best player in team history.

He cut Josh Norman because he didn't like his agent. This was a pure dick-swinging move by Gettleman and has hurt us mightily.

Again, this is a guy who is supposed to be handling personnel. He should be capable of making ordinary moves without pissing people off, like most other GMs can do. And he utterly failed. The GM isn't supposed to be BFFs to the players, but he should treat them with respect, especially people who earned it over years of play.

Couldn't agree more.  In my opinion,  Gettleman took the kid gloves off. Now,  what do people expect? He has to take his lumps,  just like he gave 'em.  I have zero problems with a man grinding his axe when wronged.  

Fans getting more worked up about a former player saying something mean about the general manager of a team thousands of miles away than they are about our pitiful depth at wide receiver heading into the playoffs is a classic Carolina Panthers fanbase moment. You guys don't even realize just how much you deserve a poo owner like JR.

Just now, TheRed said:

Fans getting more worked up about a former player saying something mean about the general manager of a team thousands of miles away than they are about our pitiful depth at wide receiver heading into the playoffs is a classic Carolina Panthers fanbase moment. You guys don't even realize just how much you deserve a poo owner like JR.

yeah compared to what we had before...he has to answer for his actions but i thank him for bringing the Panthers to Carolina...

Archived