• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Morning Football

CARuthless

I will always like Smitty for his time here but he’s a total jackass child who will never understand what it means to be a man. It’s fun to see him act that way on the field as a fan of the team he’s on but he has never learned that all that poo needs to stay on the field. And I don’t mean on the practice field either...

51 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Hurney ran into the problem of having to replace Jake, and he failed at that until finally landing Cam, but it's hard to win with a rookie.

I think that was also a Fox problem though. And unfortunately Hurney didn’t can him soon enough I feel. He got too friendly with Fox and it cost him.

I hope Hurney has learned from his past mistakes. I personally don’t find him to be a bad GM.  He drafts well. Both he and DG have their pros and cons.

When you are acting like a punk yet you are producing at a high level, you get tolerated. Almost all of us overlooked his antics around here because he was a beast on the field back in the day. But once your skill set declines your act gets old real quick and you make it easy for management to get rid of you. It happened to so many players 

When you are almost 40, out of football, and still with that kind of attitude, you come off as bitter. not a good look. Take that L like a man Smitty. Lot of great players have been cut 

1 hour ago, Malt Liquor said:

Bottom line is Dave Gettleman is a good GM. But he is an asshole as far as dealing with people. He is not liked by players or coaches. But that's what he is supposed to be a dickhead and an asshole. 

Somehow every other GM is able to do their job without being a dickhead or asshole to their franchise players.

Face it: DG sucked at a major part of his job, and lost his job because of it.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Steve Smith has burned all his bridges with me.  Always a Raven can go fug himself and take his bitch boys Hurney and JR with him.

Amazing how so many "fans" here have more loyalty to a shitty GM who didn't even last five years here than players that dragged us on their back through years of mediocrity. 

10 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Amazing how so many "fans" here have more loyalty to a shitty GM who didn't even last five years here than players that dragged us on their back through years of mediocrity. 

Smith needed to leave for the same reason KB needed to leave. Cam didn't need a diva out there demanding the ball all the time. Look what happened to Jake, became too predictable who he would pass to.  Smith then went on to dis our team and has ever since. He was cut in a very unceremonious way but being cut happens to a lot of players that enter their 30s. He needs to let it go. I used to like smith, not so much these past few years. And you know we have been a more prod cuticle franchise since his departure. 

1 hour ago, Don Keebols said:

If it was Hurneys team why didn't that fother mucker win with the team he built. Instead we still picked nearly top 10.

Because you and everyone else forgot how bad of a coach Ron Rivera was early on. He single handidly cost us games with his game managing and decision making. One he turned around so did the team. But Steve is right, the drivers of this team. The ones we can’t win without, were brought here by Hurney. 

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

I think that was also a Fox problem though. And unfortunately Hurney didn’t can him soon enough I feel. He got too friendly with Fox and it cost him.

I hope Hurney has learned from his past mistakes. I personally don’t find him to be a bad GM.  He drafts well. Both he and DG have their pros and cons.

Hurney believed wrongly that Jake would bounce back after the Arizona disaster. Hurney believed wrongly that Matt Moore could replace Jake. Hurney confessed to the media that after getting a better look at Matt that he simply had flaws that would make it impossible for him to be our franchise QB. Hurney made matters worse by drafting Pickles. Fox probably wanted to stick by Jake even when it was over, but I'm not sure what Fox thought of Moore, and Fox had checked out by the time Pickles was drafted. Fox didn't even bother to watch Pickles play before the draft. Fox was in fug you mode.

1 hour ago, Don Keebols said:

If it was Hurneys team why didn't that fother mucker win with the team he built. Instead we still picked nearly top 10.

The easy answer is that he was let go right before the team was set to rise once again. Not that we know for sure what would have transpired. 

19 minutes ago, TN05 said:

It's amazing how many fans there are of a shitty human being that does not even acknowledge the same fans that worship them.  

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

Hurney was so good that teams were knocking down his door begging him to take a GM spot, right?  And Gettleman was overrated so once he was fired no team was ever interested in his services.

Oh wait.  Smitty showing why he got cut for being an emotional manchild and still hasn't changed

It’s like you forgot that Gettleman almost retired because nobody wanted him as a GM not even the giants at the time who created a “special role” just to keep him on. 

10 minutes ago, smash_n_dash said:

Smith needed to leave for the same reason KB needed to leave. Cam didn't need a diva out there demanding the ball all the time. Look what happened to Jake, became too predictable who he would pass to.  Smith then went on to dis our team and has ever since. He was cut in a very unceremonious way but being cut happens to a lot of players that enter their 30s. He needs to let it go. I used to like smith, not so much these past few years. And you know we have been a more prod cuticle franchise since his departure. 

Gettleman has zero people skills. Zero. He's utterly incapable of doing what almost every single other GM in football can do, which is cut a player without making them angry.

Example: The Steelers just cut James Harrison. Is he out there saying how terrible their GM and how the organization treated him poorly? No, he isn't. And yet Gettleman had this happen not once, not twice, but three times. 

You can agree the moves he made still think Gettleman acted like a douche in how he did them. The true irony is he was thrown to the curb just like he threw others.

Archived