• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fun little factoid when thinking about potential QB draft picks for the Panthers

Fiz

Lefevour has carried his offense every year, puts up top 10 numbers and b/c he plays at central michigan no one cares. he is this year flacco, a guy that when scouts and draft nuts sit down look at the body of work, his workout, and the rest of the class, rank him much higher than a guy like toothpick tony pike.

Being a transplate out here in Washington, I get to see every Jake Locker game. He used to be known for his scrambling ability. Now, with the new head coach, he's been LIGHTS out throwing the ball. Really reminds me of a BETTER version of The Golden Calf of Bristol, that plays with a bad team in a bad market for college football so nobody knows a great deal about him. He translates to the NFL better than some of the other scrubs in this thread....especially The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Flacco was a pure raw talent with the perfect height, size, and mechanics. The slight on him was that it was going to take a while or a coaching miracle to get him ready quickly. Well, he took over an offense with a good tight end and a good running game, has been hiding behind a mammoth offensive line and hasn't been touched, and that coaching miracle? John Harbaugh and Cam Cameron.

Ryan had good mechanics, small size, and a good head on his shoulder. He has a very low ceiling however, and is basically a poor man's tom brady. He can run that little offense mularkey has put together, but as soon as Turner finally goes down, everything is going to fall apart real quick. He threw a TON of interceptions in college, and everyone is just waiting for him to fall back into form.

Sanchez's numbers are terrible, he's looked completely bewildered at times, should have about 5 more interceptions (luck), and has completed less than half of his passes. The only reason people are freaking out about him is because he went to USC and plays in New York.

Fiz, do you really believe that about Ryan? I'm being serious; I would love to think that he's not all that, but from what I've seen, he's pretty solid. Yeah, they've got a great running game and yeah, he threw a ton of picks in college but Atlanta says he studies extremely hard with a burning desire to be great.

said last year and some this year and heck i will say it again. The Golden Calf of Bristol will be a great....TE

Never understood these calls for The Golden Calf of Bristol to be a TE, H-back, FB etc. He's never taken a snap there in his life. I doubt he can block, who knows if he can catch. Can he run a route?

Someone's going to give him a shot at QB. End of story.

Mitch Mustain is a sleeper that everyone has forgotten about

It would help if he actually gets game time, in fact I wouldnt be shocked to see him transfer down to a 1AA school.

on the way home from the Wake game the guys I was with mentioned Bradford.

First thing I said was name the last OU qb to start in the NFL. crickets

Big 12 doesnt produce qb's.

I need to go back and look at Flacco, Ryan and maybe Sanchez to see what stood out for them.

Unless you are a total football nerd or from Delaware(me) I doubt Flacco was on your radar.

Flacco was a highly touted QB recruit originally signed with Pittsburgh. He was a known commodity.

Small size what? Guy looks pretty big to me. 6-4 213 rock solid.

if he's 213 then i'm 230

Fiz, do you really believe that about Ryan? I'm being serious; I would love to think that he's not all that, but from what I've seen, he's pretty solid. Yeah, they've got a great running game and yeah, he threw a ton of picks in college but Atlanta says he studies extremely hard with a burning desire to be great.

he's as good as he's going to be, and his last season was fluky as hell.

gtfo. no one else is on that team. he's played well in crunch time and won them some games.

of course he should win some games; they intentionally scheduled nothing so weiss could get some wins this year.

Archived