• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Vikings at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

This team finds ways to lose to much worse teams...

Yeah that Bears loss was nonsensical, but that was earlier in the season on the road. A good Panthers team always turns it up late in the season, especially at BOA stadium.

Just now, stbugs said:

Yeah my bad, wasn’t trying to blame him as much as knowing what’s going to happen with room because we’re notoriously bad on punt coverage.

Absolutely fair.

To be fair to the punt coverage, Damiere Byrd got literally put in a chokehold by a Vikings player and it wasnt called.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I do as well, but perspective helps. He's put on the Superman cape and carried the team to victory enough times to earn a little leeway. No QB is going to be able to overcome insurmountable odds all the time. We won this game because our run game stepped up for Newton. He was good enough for us to beat the top team in the NFC despite several gaffes by the team.

...im just from that mold of ball control when the opportunity presents itself...take advantage of the situation presented...and we always seem to squander that...which pizzes me off to no end...i guess that just doesnt exist in todays nfl....ima adjust with that like shula...:)

I've noticed the Panthers are usually only conservative like this in the regular season. In the playoffs they are a lot more dangerous the Seattle and Arizona games are proof of that. The SB loss to Denver was more about their offense getting shut down than playing conservative, the Panthers don't have to light up to scoreboard to win like they did then they just have to make the defensive plays when they need to.

Archived