• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Saints at Falcons Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Marguide said:

Some of us don't watch football for the violence. I enjoy the skill and strategy, not the headhunting.

Those that enjoy the violent aspect better adjust their thinking or jump to another sport because football is evolving away from violence.

I enjoy it for the same reasons as you stated, but we can't pretend that it is mutually exclusive from the inherent violence therein.  There is no one without the other.  So as for it moving away from it...  good luck man.  They can't legislate the violence out of the game without turning it into something totally different.  If people didnt watch it in part for the violence, then why isn't flag football a billion dollar industry?

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I enjoy it for the same reasons as you stated, but we can't pretend that it is mutually exclusive from the inherent violence therein.  There is no one without the other.  So as for it moving away from it...  good luck man.  They can't legislate the violence out of the game without turning it into something totally different.  If people didnt watch it in part for the violence, then why isn't flag football a billion dollar industry?

I think the game very well may evolve into something similar to flag football.

Many won't like it but it will likely soon be a much gentler game or football may cease to exist.

Archived