• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Saints at Falcons Thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Borat said:

I think the guys (save for one or two psychos) have too much respect for each others' livelihood to be trying to injure, especially in the post-BountyGate NFL. 

Not me man...  I used to believe that as well, but last few years have shown me differently.  The headhunting on Cam was both blatant and absolutely grotesque.  It made me almost not want to watch football anymore...  he wasn't protected at all and they were blatantly trying to take him out, game after game after game.  Also, speaking of Bountygate, that era of Saints football saw Fujita roll up on Smitty's knees after the play, them taking late hits on Smitty out of bounds, and the famous riot started after Roman Harper hit Smitty in the end zone after the play was over.  Coincidence that Smitty was our best player at the time and they made all those attempts to take him out?  Nope.  Whether it's Cam, Smitty, Kamara, whoever...  there are guys on each and every team that have no problem taking a guy out if it impoves their chances of winning and making money.

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yes, let's pretend we're above violence as we're drooling over modern day bloodsport lol.

Some of us don't watch football for the violence. I enjoy the skill and strategy, not the headhunting.

Those that enjoy the violent aspect better adjust their thinking or jump to another sport because football is evolving away from violence.

Archived