• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Saints at Falcons Thread

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Borat said:

Summer 2019 -- he's gone, since we already paid Freeman. One of the other 31 will do well to pick him up -- he'll be only (newly) 26 with very low mileage. Sort of a Michael Turner situation (with more pass-catching, at the detriment of power running). 

I know he’s a rival and I’m supposed to hate him, but I love watching him play. So fluid and deceptively powerful

Just now, bigdog10 said:

I know he’s a rival and I’m supposed to hate him, but I love watching him play. So fluid and deceptively powerful

If he could somehow stay on his feet (maybe some longer studs), he'd be amongst the best.

2 minutes ago, Borat said:

If he could somehow stay on his feet (maybe some longer studs), he'd be amongst the best.

I personally think he's better than Freeman and you guys made a mistake paying Freeman -- unless you plan to pay both which I think would be a bigger mistake. 

Just now, thomas96 said:

I personally think he's better than Freeman and you guys made a mistake paying Freeman -- unless you plan to pay both which I think would be a bigger mistake. 

I still think, controlling for the fact that Coleman has the (in terms of per play metrics) advantage of being the spell back, that Freeman is the superior player. Concussion issues could very easily make you correct, however. 

Just now, Borat said:

I still think, controlling for the fact that Coleman has the (in terms of per play metrics) advantage of being the spell back, that Freeman is the superior player.

Could be but I just don't think Freeman is all that special to command top 5 or even top 10 money at the position. He's solid in everything except pass pro (important factor) but not really spectacular in anything to me. Coleman has some spectacular attributes.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Could be but I just don't think Freeman is all that special to command top 5 or even top 10 money at the position. He's solid in everything except pass pro (important factor) but not really spectacular in anything to me. Coleman has some spectacular attributes.

Coleman is definitely the big-play guy of the two. Freeman is no slouch though  -- dependable, 4.5 YPC guy who can catch the ball, and has a nose for the endzone. Lacks breakaway speed, but still a massively valuable asset. 

Archived