• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Saints at Falcons Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Then why are you bitching about how/if this team is getting into the playoffs then...

What are you talking about retard. The scenario by which we don't make the playoffs is greater now than it was before the Falcons won. Not hard to comprehend.

2 minutes ago, beastson said:

The goal is to win your division to get a home playoff game. You think any players are rooting for the Saints just so they can sneak in the playoffs? Or you think they're going for that division. Yall setting yall standards and goals low here

Panthers goal is go 4-0 and Saints lose

if that was the case they would have went ahead and beat the Saints and be in first place now. Not "no this isn't for the Division" when Rivera was asked. No, we are being real here based on what we see and what this team has shown, the standard as set by JR can't be any lower. 0 back to back winning seasons and this fool talking bout low standards lol.

1 minute ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Way to go with your great team fan support and pretty much worry about something not worth worrying about. Can we take division? Yes. Will it be tough? Yes. Always one that throws in the towel before knowing what will happen and the next 4 games will either win the division or lose it but it is worth a shot to see where that path leads us first.

I havent thrown in the towel.  I just know the personality of this team under Rivera.  We don't respond well to pressure or urgency.  If the team cared about winning our division they wouldve shown up for at least one of our games against NO, and they didnt.  So, dont put it on me.  They're the ones playing.  If they had handled business we wouldnt be on this board debating what another team should be doing to help us make the playoffs.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I havent thrown in the towel.  I just know the personality of this team under Rivera.  We don't respond well to pressure or urgency.  If the team cared about winning our division they wouldve shown up for at least one of our games against NO, and they didnt.  So, dont put it on me.  They're the ones playing.  If they had handled business we wouldnt be on this board debating what another team should be doing to help us make the playoffs.

It'd be something too when the game is on the line if players would run past the sticks on 4th down and/or try to stretch out for it. "Low standards" pahahahahah.

7 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

so if we win on sunday, we're tied, however Saints swept us so they have the tiebreaker. 

we'll have the bucs, packers and falcons

saints will have the jets, bucs, and falcons

we'll need them to lose one and we'll need to win out. 

I don't see the Saints losing at home to the Falcons

And I sure as hell don't see them losing to the jets or bucs

so ladies and gentleman, we're fuged!

our only shot is the wildcard, and our odds just got worse with the falcons win today.

eff this year 

Exactly they are not losing again this year so even if we win out it’s still a wildcard. After we lost this past Sunday winning the division went bye bye

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

It'd be something too when the game is on the line if players would run past the sticks on 4th down and/or try to stretch out for it. "Low standards" pahahahahah.

Or you know...  try to score with two timeouts and slightly under a minute to go in the first half.

The reverse psychology some try on here is mind-melting.  We're giving up and not being good fans for rooting for our best case scenario to make the playoffs that we've been relegated to, thanks in large part to our early season failings.  Unreal.  

Like seriously, are these adults?  Are they capable of basic math and observations?

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

What are you talking about retard. The scenario by which we don't make the playoffs is greater now than it was before the Falcons won. Not hard to comprehend.

if that was the case they would have went ahead and beat the Saints and be in first place now. Not "no this isn't for the Division" when Rivera was asked. No, we are being real here based on what we see and what this team has shown, the standard as set by JR can't be any lower. 0 back to back winning seasons and this fool talking bout low standards lol.

Thats my exact point. Their standards are low, but you don't root for the Falcons cause YOU lowered your standards for them. You're rooting for a wildcard instead of division with home playoff game. How is that not going for low standards? Its bad enough just making playoffs will let Ron keep his job, but do you as a fan have to set that goal? Do you remember what happened in 2013? We went 3-1 last 4, Saints went 2-2

12 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It mat affect coaching and preparation, but Mike and Mike a couple of weeks ago cited a study conducted on the matter that said there was no more injuries on Thursday night games than on Sundays or Mondays.

They were citing the NFL’s player safety release, I believe. Given their obvious, vested interest in keeping TNF around, I would like to know the regression techniques / choices that were chosen (it won’t open on my phone). 

Archived