• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Saints at Falcons Thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, thomas96 said:

What are you talking about? 

It's pretty obvious.

1) any hopes lf winning the division, we would have to win out.  Odds are extremely high, both because of our remaining schedule and because of the softness of this team, we will NOT win out.

2) therefore, our best chance was holding onto the wildcard.  The Falcons are not going to win the division either, so their best shot is a wildcard.  We have to play them in Atlanta, we have to play Minny this week, and the Packers with Rodgers back, and then TB.  I could see us going 2-2 if i'm being realistic, and 1-3 if I'm being pessimistic.  Either way, if we can't move up, our options are hold steady or move back.  When we're playing the team behind us at their house for one of the wildcards, that is a worst-case scenario, and one a mentally weak team folds under.

Just now, a girl is no one said:

I couldn't agree more. The amount of injuries the Saints had was out of control. 

It's ridiculous. The quality of play (and coaching) is well below weekend level, and the players clearly suffer in terms of injuries. How can you expect a guy to finish up a game, get home Sunday night, then have a flight on Thursday morning (or even late Wednesday) and be fully recovered from the last contest? NFLPA needs to push back next bargaining session.

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

The game I’m rooting for NO, they lose. Typical 

Who ever was rooting for Atlanta is an idiot.

not denying im an idiot but this is still the best scenario for carolina.  Mayyybe we lose to MN but we can kick the hell out of the other three games easy.

Or win out, and Keep Pounding

2 minutes ago, Borat said:

It's ridiculous. The quality of play (and coaching) is well below weekend level, and the players clearly suffer in terms of injuries. How can you expect a guy to finish up a game, get home Sunday night, then have a flight on Thursday morning (or even late Wednesday) and be fully recovered from the last contest? NFLPA needs to push back next bargaining session.

It mat affect coaching and preparation, but Mike and Mike a couple of weeks ago cited a study conducted on the matter that said there was no more injuries on Thursday night games than on Sundays or Mondays.

10 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

lel like i said

dumbest fans in the league

The goal is to win your division to get a home playoff game. You think any players are rooting for the Saints just so they can sneak in the playoffs? Or you think they're going for that division. Yall setting yall standards and goals low here

Panthers goal is go 4-0 and Saints lose

so if we win on sunday, we're tied, however Saints swept us so they have the tiebreaker. 

we'll have the bucs, packers and falcons

saints will have the jets, bucs, and falcons

we'll need them to lose one and we'll need to win out. 

I don't see the Saints losing at home to the Falcons

And I sure as hell don't see them losing to the jets or bucs

so ladies and gentleman, we're fuged!

our only shot is the wildcard, and our odds just got worse with the falcons win today.

eff this year 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

It's pretty obvious.

1) any hopes lf winning the division, we would have to win out.  Odds are extremely high, both because of our remaining schedule and because of the softness of this team, we will NOT win out.

2) therefore, our best chance was holding onto the wildcard.  The Falcons are not going to win the division either, so their best shot is a wildcard.  We have to play them in Atlanta, we have to play Minny this week, and the Packers with Rodgers back, and then TB.  I could see us going 2-2 if i'm being realistic, and 1-3 if I'm being pessimistic.  Either way, if we can't move up, our options are hold steady or move back.  When we're playing the team behind us at their house for one of the wildcards, that is a worst-case scenario, and one a mentally weak team folds under.

Way to go with your great team fan support and pretty much worry about something not worth worrying about. Can we take division? Yes. Will it be tough? Yes. Always one that throws in the towel before knowing what will happen and the next 4 games will either win the division or lose it but it is worth a shot to see where that path leads us first.

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Everybody in here bitching and moaning because ATL won, c'mon.  Y'all want to set it all up so that we can back into the playoffs.  Guess what, if we can't win the games left on our schedule, we're not going to win on the road in the playoffs.  What's so hard to understand about that?  Let's see this team fight to win an open division and quit fugging around.  So many people conditioned by years of accepting mediocrity.

Yup win the whole damn thing.

1 minute ago, cam1uvrxoxo said:

not denying im an idiot but this is still the best scenario for carolina.  Mayyybe we lose to MN but we can kick the hell out of the other three games easy.

Have you seen the team and coaching staff we are fielding this season?

So, you yhink Minny is a giveaway, expect easy wins against ATL in ATL, GB with Rodgers coming back, and TB?  Lol.  I'm glad you have that much faith.  We might win 2 of the last 4.  NO isn't losing the division crown unless it's to ATL...  in which case, NO would drop to a wildcard, which would then drop us out of the playoffs because we chose not to show up at either game they destroyed us in, so they have that tiebreaker.

2 minutes ago, cam1uvrxoxo said:

Lol you think NO is gonna lose again? They are gonna destroy Atlanta in NO, with Kamara healthy they would have won this game 

Oh and Rodgers comes back he will throw for 400 yards on our defense 

Archived