• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is what I wanted to hear.

Jeremy Igo

I have noticed in the NFL the last few years especially, that it’s a lot like the education system. Used to if I gave a piss poor effort in school, my mother told me to get my crap together and do my job. Nowadays, the parent sees an f on the report card and they are going to the school to try and get the teacher fired because they aren’t doing their jobs. It’s ass backwards. These men should not need to be “motivated”. They play this game and are paid handsomely for it. They know what’s at stake. They need to man up and do their damn jobs. You have been tackling since you were in pop warner. You worked your ass off to get to the big time, so you know the stakes. Is it possible that just maybe....the players on this team have a sense of entitlement because we run such a friendly atmosphere that they have become spoiled. Just a thought I had since I work in a situation where I see those in a position of teaching being ridiculed because of their students lack in effort. It is a very slippery slope. I don’t think it’s possible to really know without being out there on that practice field and in that meeting room. 

1 hour ago, BAMFpanther said:

I have noticed in the NFL the last few years especially, that it’s a lot like the education system. Used to if I gave a piss poor effort in school, my mother told me to get my crap together and do my job. Nowadays, the parent sees an f on the report card and they are going to the school to try and get the teacher fired because they aren’t doing their jobs. It’s ass backwards. These men should not need to be “motivated”. They play this game and are paid handsomely for it. They know what’s at stake. They need to man up and do their damn jobs. You have been tackling since you were in pop warner. You worked your ass off to get to the big time, so you know the stakes. Is it possible that just maybe....the players on this team have a sense of entitlement because we run such a friendly atmosphere that they have become spoiled. Just a thought I had since I work in a situation where I see those in a position of teaching being ridiculed because of their students lack in effort. It is a very slippery slope. I don’t think it’s possible to really know without being out there on that practice field and in that meeting room. 

No foozball player left behind?

(All kidding aside, I'm right there with you)

17 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Three quarters of the way through the season and the players are still struggling with fundamentals?

Yeah, that may be coaching.

This isn’t pee wee football.  There are some things you should know how to do at this level.  

1 hour ago, BAMFpanther said:

It's not a new thing. It's a problem of a bad coaching staff. Our talent has masked many holes throughout the years but it's coming home to roost now. Cap hell is coming home to roost now and we just hired back Mr cap hell himself. 

13 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

The truth is, I think, on a defense 

1.  we have some old, and  old plus injured players and it's getting late in the season

the problem with getting old in the NFL, it happens very quickly 

2. the newer players are just not that good and yes, I'm including Bradbury. Worley, Coleman, Butler...could be for the secondary that  Wilks has more man coverage going on with players better suited for zone 

3. and the likes of Short, Star, , MIA in that Saints game

we are not used to this from the Panthers in many years...this Defense is soft and getting stats against lesser QBs won't fly this time of year

ill remind everyone on here that the Panthers came within a dropped pass of losing to the Bills with our number one corner and close to blowing it to the Jets

to be honest, I'll have to see an awful lot of complimentary football to believe they have any chance to make the playoffs much less  win a first round. 

Too much out of synch this year, even before the season started 

the saints also hit it out of the park with their draft. Can we say the same for the Panthers?  I don't think so   Have we ever been able to say it about the Panthers?

why are you even a fan 

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's not a new thing. It's a problem of a bad coaching staff. Our talent has masked many holes throughout the years but it's coming home to roost now. Cap hell is coming home to roost now and we just hired back Mr cap hell himself. 

LMFAO.

Stahp dude.  Please

Archived