• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is what I wanted to hear.

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

My issue with the NO game is so many different players missed tackles. Statistically good scheme will improve a team's numbers by putting them in the right place, but when the chips are down our guys need to win 1 on 1 situations. I still can't figure out how Shaq (a first rounder, who needs to start making plays to live up to his draft position) missed Kamara completely. It's not like he made a move or cut. Looking forward they can't afford to lose those situations in key moments. For me that's a player not a coaching issue.q

we let the jets score 27 on us and if it hadn't been for two fluke instances....a fumble recovery that luke ran into the endzone (rare happening) and a punt return for a TD (an even rare happening) we would have lost.

and this was after a bye week. first, that should never have been that close. we had an extra week to get ready and came out flat. but then we saw things that needed to be fixed schematically and the defensive players had to have seen their weaknesses and should have been embarrassed by them so they wold be more prepared to go into new orleans and not be embarrassed.

that didn't happen.

my question is this....why the hell were we not prepared going into new orleans? we got exposed in new york/jersey, meaning our weaknesses on defense got exposed, and then we go into the superdome and get exposed all over again.

they got caught up in the fluke win against the jets and didn't correct jack and then go and get embarrassed the next week...again.

the jets game, at the very least, should have been a prep game for the saints because they run very similar styled offenses.

what's it going to take for this team to really get it?

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

we let the jets score 27 on us and if it hadn't been for two fluke instances....a fumble recovery that luke ran into the endzone (rare happening) and a punt return for a TD (an even rare happening) we would have lost.

and this was after a bye week. first, that should never have been that close. we had an extra week to get ready and came out flat. but then we saw things that needed to be fixed schematically and the defensive players had to have seen their weaknesses and should have been embarrassed by them so they wold be more prepared to go into new orleans and not be embarrassed.

that didn't happen.

my question is this....why the hell were we not prepared going into new orleans? we got exposed in new york/jersey, meaning our weaknesses on defense got exposed, and then we go into the superdome and get exposed all over again.

they got caught up in the fluke win against the jets and didn't correct jack and then go and get embarrassed the next week...again.

the jets game, at the very least, should have been a prep game for the saints because they run very similar styled offenses.

what's it going to take for this team to really get it?

Yeah i agree. There don't seem to be many changes made especially within the game to counteract opponents success. No argument there. 

38 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Once again, three quarters of the way through this season, and we are discussing fundamentals.

As a former rugby player, frequently when i watch tackling in the NFL i see bad technique. The NFL has a big hit culture which often works in putting players on the floor but is flawed because tacklers over-commit. Players should be thinking about the situation. In a goaline or close yardage situation, if i'm built like Shaq i put my body in the way and back my strength against an RB. If he is overpowered or juked thats different but missing completely? Urgh.

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Three quarters of the way through the season and the players are still struggling with fundamentals?

Yeah, that may be coaching.

Not buying that in the slightest.  If you don't master fundamentals in Pop Warner, high school,  college, and at least one year as a pro (only in the case of the CBs),  then the problem is you. 

3/4 way thru the season supposedly a playoff contender and you get embarrassed not once but twice by  A conference foe. This is what it takes for them to nut up and show some pride.

I ain’t buying it ....nothing but smoke and mirrors.

I kinda expect our offense to come out and have a couple brain fart turnovers and this one will be over pretty quickly. Their defense is a million miles better than our offense. Funch will be nonexistent against Rhodes 

And im  normally positive but this team hasn't shown any reason to trust them. 

The truth is, I think, on a defense 

1.  we have some old, and  old plus injured players and it's getting late in the season

the problem with getting old in the NFL, it happens very quickly 

2. the newer players are just not that good and yes, I'm including Bradbury. Worley, Coleman, Butler...could be for the secondary that  Wilks has more man coverage going on with players better suited for zone 

3. and the likes of Short, Star, , MIA in that Saints game

we are not used to this from the Panthers in many years...this Defense is soft and getting stats against lesser QBs won't fly this time of year

ill remind everyone on here that the Panthers came within a dropped pass of losing to the Bills with our number one corner and close to blowing it to the Jets

to be honest, I'll have to see an awful lot of complimentary football to believe they have any chance to make the playoffs much less  win a first round. 

Too much out of synch this year, even before the season started 

the saints also hit it out of the park with their draft. Can we say the same for the Panthers?  I don't think so   Have we ever been able to say it about the Panthers?

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The truth is, I think, on a defense 

1.  we have some old, and  old plus injured players and it's getting late in the season

the problem with getting old in the NFL, it happens very quickly 

2. the newer players are just not that good and yes, I'm including Bradbury. Worley, Coleman, Butler...could be for the secondary that  Wilks has more man coverage going on with players better suited for zone 

we are not used to this from the Panthers in many years...this Defense is soft and getting stats against lesser QBs won't fly this time of year

ill remind everyone on here that the Panthers came within a dropped pass of losing to the Bills with our number one corner and close to blowing it to the Jets

to be honest, I'll have to see an awful lot of complimentary football to believe they have any chance to make the playoffs much win a first round. 

the saints also hit it out of the park with their draft. Can we say the same for the Panthers?  I don't think so 

A whole lot of truth to this post. We are a good defense but not a elite defense. We lack speed in the secondary and definitely ball skills too. Another big issue is consistent edge pressure outside of Addison and Pep. We simply need players to step up and make plays outside of Luke, Addison, Adams, and Pep. 

17 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

to be honest, I'll have to see an awful lot of complimentary football to believe they have any chance to make the playoffs much less  win a first round. 

The part that I quote I especially agree with. Maybe Butler is showing signs of improvement in recent games. Coleman has shown in the past he can be good but hasn't impressed this year. I would add Shaq to that group.

The bright side is that when as a unit they get it right, (and they're perfectly capable of doing it) they are impressive. The part that makes me doubt is that they haven't been dependable just patchy. You simply can't do that against good teams.

Archived