• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is what I wanted to hear.

Jeremy Igo

our defense allows 23.86ppg to teams .500 or better (AVG record 8.14-3.85), while our offense scores 20.85ppg against the same teams. 

their offense scores exactly 20ppg to teams .500 or better (AVG record 7.5-4.5), while their defense allows 15.5ppg against the same teams. 

that points to a 21.93-18.18 advantage in favor of the Vikings. 

i know football is not a game of averages. either team might get blown out. but the Vikings defense is allowing over a touchdown per game less than ours is. The ONLY team without a losing record we have held to less than 17 points this year was the Bills. The other two 10-2 teams we have played have both scored 28 points or more. in other words, i think we should prepare for the Vikings to score somewhere between 20 and 28 points. our defense is what it is and they are playing well, but not elite. Our offense, on the other hand, is the unit who really needs to step it up.

26 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Never heard Rivera hold himself accountable like Wilks has a lot this year.

which makes me wonder how he is such a "players' coach". I for one would hate playing under such a pompous ass. and if i were a player, his stoic staring during the game would just reinforce how little he cared about me as a player and us as a team.

6 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

which makes me wonder how he is such a "players' coach". I for one would hate playing under such a pompous ass. and if i were a player, his stoic staring during the game would just reinforce how little he cared about me as a player and us as a team.

Yet when have you heard our players complain about him? They seem to like him actually... odd they have rallied around "such a pompous ass" all these years, huh? 

Or maybe you just don't see what goes on everyday to have an accurate assessment of his relationship with his players.

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Three quarters of the way through the season and the players are still struggling with fundamentals?

Yeah, that may be coaching.

yep. focus, motivation, and general preparedness were lacking and those fall squarely on the the coaching staff's shoulders as well. it's their job to ensure the players are ready to go and they weren't.

50 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

a lot of "what-ifs" from the saints game

what if Shaq makes the tackle on the Saints opening 4th and goal play?

what if Worley picks off that pass?

what if Ingram is properly flagged for false start on his 70+ yard rush?

what if the encroachment penalty is called?

A lot of flukey plays from last game resulted in what felt like a blowout.

The guys should be pissed. Hopefully that game wakes up what is supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league.

This x10. There were some good hustle plays that day (and that onsides kick was a recovery in-bounds) and a lot of flukes. Missed tackles happen and we were up against a team that can exploit tiny mistakes.

I hope the coaches did tear into the team a bit and get them back into the game. I'm hoping our D-line has more success against the Vikings.

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yet when have you heard our players complain about him? They seem to like him actually... odd they have rallied around "such a pompous ass" all these years, huh? 

Or maybe you just don't see what goes on everyday to have an accurate assessment of his relationship with his players.

I haven’t seen the inner workings but if you really think players will speak out in a team culture where not wearing a tie will get you benched, I can’t help ya

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

yep. focus, motivation, and general preparedness were lacking and those fall squarely on the the coaching staff's shoulders as well. it's their job to ensure the players are ready to go and they weren't.

Along with three quarters of the way through the season, don't forget to include, early season games, after the bye week and the Super Bowl to the times when Rivera's staff has failed to ensure the players were properly prepared and ready to go.

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Three quarters of the way through the season and the players are still struggling with fundamentals?

Yeah, that may be coaching.

My issue with the NO game is so many different players missed tackles. Statistically good scheme will improve a team's numbers by putting them in the right place, but when the chips are down our guys need to win 1 on 1 situations. I still can't figure out how Shaq (a first rounder, who needs to start making plays to live up to his draft position) missed Kamara completely. It's not like he made a move or cut. Looking forward they can't afford to lose those situations in key moments. For me that's a player not a coaching issue.q

2 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

My issue with the NO game is so many different players missed tackles. Statistically good scheme will improve a team's numbers by putting them in the right place, but when the chips are down our guys need to win 1 on 1 situations. I still can't figure out how Shaq (a first rounder, who needs to start making plays to live up to his draft position) missed Kamara completely. It's not like he made a move or cut. Looking forward they can't afford to lose those situations in key moments. For me that's a player not a coaching issue.q

Scheme... and a lack of discipline. 

Ultimately, that falls on the coaches to address and correct.

Once again, three quarters of the way through this season, and we are discussing football fundamentals.  

Ron needs to stop throwing the players under the bus after every loss and take responsibility for the team he is sending out on the field each week.

Archived