• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Vikings Fans Are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, RudieCantFail said:

I mean it's not like we're not choke artist either. This is the battle of chokers.

We have won a game every year we have been in the playoffs except 2013, we are not choke artists bud. The Vikings on the other hand.. 

27 minutes ago, bewonee said:

We have won a game every year we have been in the playoffs except 2013, we are not choke artists bud. The Vikings on the other hand.. 

Yea that's why we need to get in any way we can because our teams usually do pretty well in the playoffs.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, Snake said:

Realistically we don't stand a chance. The Vikings deserve go be cocky this year they are one of the best and there owner actually wants to win. 

WTF?  We played them last year and in the first half it was a clinic in defensive domination.  Wrong man.  Just wrong.

Waddup Carolina? Vikings fan here. You all got your site link posted on a Vikings Fan site so expect a few of us to drop in and say hi over the next couple days. Unfortunately, contrary to common opinion, there are plenty of Vikings fans who are ginormous D-bags so I'm sure you'll get the good with the bad.

As for the game. The Vikings will rush 4 and drop 7 until the panthers prove they can hold off that D-line. Carolina needs to get Cam outside the pocket to have any chance. Whether thats running or on a roll out or whatever. They cannot set Cam in the pocket, tell him to read that defense and let the Vikings tee off. If Matt Ryan and Julio Jones can't do it, Cam Newton and Devin Funchess won't be able to. Id say that getting a ground game going would help, but that's unlikely to happen, and would just waste possessions. It's Cams to win or lose.

On defense the falcons actually exposed a possible formula by dropping 7-8 and making Keenum (who has torched the blitz this year) slow down and take checkdowns instead of letting Thielen and Diggs, and Rudolph attack the defense 15-20 yards down the field. It didn't work but it did slow the Vikings down. However, It opens up the run game, but you all have better linebackers than Atlanta so you got that going for you. Anytime the Vikings go backwards on 1st or 2nd down it's an automatic drive killer. This offense is good, but it is not built to deal with 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15. Getting a pass rush out of your linemen will be absolutely key. 

Good luck guys. It should be fun. 

PS. Here's the link to the thread about y'all.

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3384

Also I think Kyle Rudolf will have a TD, and probably convert 3 3rd downs. Panthers will finally see what a real TE can do in this game. Greg should stay in the booth with his silly haircut and flea market tie. 

Sure Luke is the shiny toy that all the broadcasters love, but the Vikings have 2 LB’s that get no love. That’s fine, they do their jobs and are good. Little Luke has a great story, but he looks lost a lot of the time. (Not a concussion joke) He really looks lost, as if he forgets that he is playing football sometimes.

"See what a real TE can do" somebody doesn't know much about Olsen. Then he goes on to try and talk poo about Luke saying he looks lost. I am honestly at a lack of words to respond to the stupidity of those two quotes. I look forward to hearing the LUKE!!!!!! chants sound out as he "looks lost"

Also I think Kyle Rudolf will have a TD, and probably convert 3 3rd downs. Panthers will finally see what a real TE can do in this game. Greg should stay in the booth with his silly haircut and flea market tie. 

Sure Luke is the shiny toy that all the broadcasters love, but the Vikings have 2 LB’s that get no love. That’s fine, they do their jobs and are good. Little Luke has a great story, but he looks lost a lot of the time. (Not a concussion joke) He really looks lost, as if he forgets that he is playing football sometimes.

This guy sure has a way to degrade Greg and Luke acting like their TE's and LB's are better than these 2. He will soon learn that quickly come Sunday that ours are above theirs.

Hey Panthers Fans, first post here. This Vikings fan is cautiously optimistic about the game. The Vikings defense needs to get at Cam Newton early and often, he is your key to a victory. I don’t see us scoring a ton on your defense (17-20pts imo), but I don’t see your offense lighting us up either,  Rhodes will shut down Funchess and our front seven will limit your running game. As with all real Vikings fans, we know this thing could implode at any time. Good luck on Sunday! 

So I'm the guy who posted the 3rd and 4th quotes from the Vikings forum, and I'm actually from Charlotte, so I've been watching the Panthers play for many years. Of course I would take Newton over Keenum if I had to choose one or the other as my quarterback due to his talent and what that he is capable of, but Keenum has been playing better than Newton in 2017.

If the Vikings had to choose between signing Newton or Keenum to a 20 mil/year contract at the end of this year, I'd be furious if they signed Keenum and be calling for the GM's head. However, the way Keenum is playing this year compared to the way Cam is playing this year, I'd say the Vikings are better off there (most sports writers have Keenum in their top 5 for MVP. Yes, I know he's not going to win it). Also, I wouldn't exactly say that the Viking's receivers are so amazing and that is why Keenum has been playing so well. Are they good? Yes, but we hadn't had a 1000 yard receiver since 2009, so it's not like he got thrown into a situation where he had these pro bowl receivers to throw to. I'd say the success for Keenum and the receivers goes both ways.

When I was comparing positions, I didn't include special teams by the way. Panthers are definitely better there across the board. Vikings normally have good kick and punt returners, but I don't know what's up with it this year.

Like most weeks this season, I honestly don't know what to expect. We are just too inconsistent---too up and down---to predict anything.  

I think that we'll stop their running game,  but with the inconsistency of our secondary,  the Vikings still might be able to get over.  If we can generate a pass rush, then maybe we'll have a chance.  If Shula can get CMC involved,  and if a receiver other than Funchess will actually step up,  maybe our offense can piece together some scoring drives.  

Too many ifs. I'll just wait and see what unfolds. We have the good,  the bad,  and the ugly Panthers.  After last week,  I expect them to come out swinging. 

Archived