• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Vikings Fans Are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

Here are a few examples of that Minnesota Vikings fans are saying about this weekend's match against the Carolina Panthers.

From this message board ... 

On the matchup with the Panthers

I don't think Carolina stands a chance. Minnesota usually dominates against Cam Newton and this is their best unit yet. Their defense may present some problems, but I really don't see how the Panthers put up many points at all. If the Panthers win, then Olsen cheated.

If their practices are any indication, and if Kalil doesn't have help, it's going to be a long day for him.

Going to be a fun game to watch. Zim's defense has always have problems with running QBs. If the Panthers don't force Cam to be a pocket passer and just allow him to run and around create, the Vikings may be in big trouble.

For being one of the oldest choke artists in NFL history, they are awful cocky. They are having a good season, which could take a turn for the worse at any moment. You would think they would have learned that by now. 

Apparently Keenum is better than Newton 

Honestly, I can't think of any position that they are better than us besides their LBs and normally TE (if healthy). Olsen is a bit better than Rudolph, but he's also been injured all season so who knows how good he'll be assuming he plays. Keenum has definitely outperformed Cam this year as Cam's been turning it over quite a bit (11 ints and 6 fumbles).

Never mind that the Vikings have a legitimate offensive coordinator and receivers. That has nothing to do with Keenum's success. 

If Minnesota had Cam Newton they would cake walk through to a Superbowl victory this year, and it would not be close. Thankfully, they have a journeyman role player. 

On the Panthers linebackers

Thomas Davis isn't as good as he was a few years ago, but he is still better than any of our OLBs. Keuchly, meanwhile, is probably the best MLB in the game right now.

No argument here. 

Agree on the Kalil part.  I feel like Shula was personally responsible for the Vikings loss last year.  Got out to a 10-0 lead and then didn't help at all on Griffen lining up wide of Remmers and just going right past him everytime.  Lord hope we've learned how to run screens and draws and flats and slants to back his ass up.  Bet not.

All my family is from MN and are mostly Vikings fans, though none of them really care as much about football as I do. Actually flying in for the game with one of them. Anyways, I've been to MN a ton and talked to a lot of Vikings fans and they are maybe the best fanbase I've been around. Not like the Eagles or Pats fans that I've been around extensively as well.

Uh, Keenum is playing better than Cam this year...coaching doesn't throw more than double INTs. More excuses and apologist for Cam to follow I am sure. There are Oline issue and WR issue but our defense is better than Keenums'. I have no problem looking objectively at this situation and stating the future number one playoff seed has a QB playing better THIS YEAR than Cam.

Cam has rushing stats but I see that has a knock to our team. Why the fug is he the leading rusher all the time. The Vikings are able to do with how it should be done, with their backs doing the rushing and getting the difficult yards.

Archived