• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Answer to our Offensive Woes is on the Bench

Fiz

You would have to issue each OL at least a 3 wood to be able to hold off the rush for Jake to be able to survey the field, go through his check down and then find Smith. 12 Linemen couldn't provide enough time for Jake to do that. Jake stands around in the backfield longer than Sam's statue does in front of the stadium!

You haven't been watching this year obviously. Many times there are more defenders in the backfield by the time Jake takes a 5 step drop than linemen and backs blocking. He has been sacked 10 times already which is half the amount he was sacked all of 2008.

You haven't been watching this year obviously. Many times there are more defenders in the backfield by the time Jake takes a 5 step drop than linemen and backs blocking. He has been sacked 10 times already which is half the amount he was sacked all of 2008.

either he hasn't been watching or doesn't know what it is he's watching.. either case, not sure it matters...

He's the best receiving and play making TE we got. PERIOD.

Problem is our team relies on TEs to run block as well. He is not a complete tight end until he can do both. Until then he is a liability in the run game and when pass blocking. That doesn't always get made up by one catch here and there.

Problem is our team relies on TEs to run block as well. He is not a complete tight end until he can do both. Until then he is a liability in the run game and when pass blocking. That doesn't always get made up by one catch here and there.

You're right that is the problem. You can't make somebody be terrific at something. They trying to force things. We have 3 of them, Barnidge can block and receive and gets no time, King can block, and we cant have Rosario running routes to be another target for Delhomme?

Especially when teams are daring us to throw? Come on man. I want more Moore, and Barnidge too

I'm not sure I'd give Rosario credit for being that consistent yet.

He has moments when he shows up for certain, but he faded away plenty last year and hasn't always been 'the man' this year either.

I could see giving it a shot, but I'm not convinced it's the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived