• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers defense missed 12 tackles against the Saints

Jeremy Igo

6 of those belonged to Kamara.

This defense let a rookie make them look silly.

That better be a wake-up call. A big hit without wrapping up just doesn't cut it. That isn't sound fundamental football.

Time for a large slice of humble pie for the entire unit. Rally, and let's get three home wins in a row.

None were bigger blows and tone setters than not wrapping up at the 2 yardline on 4th down on the saints first drive.  That would have been a momentum killer, instead Shaq slammed with a shoulder and didn't even attempt to wrap up, it was embarrassing quite frankly.  1 play doesn't determine a game, but it sure as poo got the crowd into it and it never seemed like we could get the momentum fully turned around in our favor the rest of the game.

9 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Shaq is mediocre

Can't cover, can't tackle, he's really useless. We're going to have lots of holes to fill in the next few years. Both safety positions, CB, DE, and then LB cause TD is going to retire soon and Shaq sucks. And that's just the defensive side of the ball.

1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Do they have stats for stoic looks when the camera pans?  I think they should.  That will really uncover the problem with the defense.  

Yes stoic looks are all over the stat sheet you will do well at the Huddle welcome to the fan page of whom ever we’re playing currently.

fire everybody Dilly Dilly

This defense let  McCown make them look silly, like I said in the other thread did yall really...wtf did you expect lol?

Gonna keep making the point but you can tell most on this board don't watch NFL football. When all you watch is the Panthers you have yourself thinking Bersin is actually an NFL WR or that Byrd is going to even sniff 40 yards nevermind 100. Sometimes I wish I had those great delusional powers it takes to say some dumbass poo like that.

Instead of a fundamental tackling technique, Shaq tried to make a SportsCenter highlight reel with a big hit...which failed miserably.  That was a big momentum swing, much like Peppers 'penalty' and Clay's punt return fumble.

This defense is getting old in a hurry. Davis. Peppers. Johnson  Adams and where are the replacements?

as the season goes on, the look will only get worse

add to it playing more man under Wilkes with a secondary that suits zone  that just Inst that talented and the outlook isn’t great 

the Panthers needed to turnover that  d line and they haven’t   Ealy didn’t pan out  and gets traded  Deshaeon Hall on IRvand too light 

the offense we know about

No one is going to rescue the Panthers including their head coach who stands with his arms folded for 4 qtrs  be nice if we gave a poo during the game to stop one missed opportunity from becoming many 

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Shaq is mediocre

He has a specific way of being used where he really excels. I don't think he's a very smart football player, which is the risk you always take with insanely athletic linebackers. They've always just been able to get there. Remember, he was basically drafted because of how well he did on the SPARQ test, which is a way to measure athleticism. He broke it, essentially.

But guys like him don't actually have a good feel for the game. He's fantastic when he's being used as a blitzer, or hes just stuck in man somewhere. But when he has to sort something out he just vanishes. 

Kamara's non tackle yesterday was an outlier, because I don't think I've ever seen him try that poo. 

Kamara was also the best player on the field yesterday. fug ROTY, give him MVP.

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

This defense is getting old in a hurry. Davis. Peppers. Johnson  Adams and where are the replacements?

People are terrified of that, but safety has never been a position the defense gives a poo about (although its clear they should), Peppers is just rotational, and there's two first round linebackers there anyway. 

One solid draft, one or two free agents and the problem is addressed.

Same on offense. Only old players are stewart and kalil. Couple draft picks, good free agent signing, and they're fine.

Archived