• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giving up before the half with two time outs.... Do u agree?

Jeremy Igo

What pisses me off more than not at least taking a chance downfield is that he had already decided to not even try...but still ran plays rather than simply spike the ball!

That was two plays MC or some other player could have gotten their knee turned back, hand stepped on, or any other number of possible injuries. And for what? 

12 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Not against the Saints. Not with the way the game was going. Not when the Saints called a TO on 3rd down and gifted you a chance to put points up. 

i get this line of reasoning, but ron has to know by now that brees in the dome is a cushion destroyer in both directions. you can't assume there'll be a next opportunity.

i don't believe it's spinelessness like many are saying. i believe it's poor decisionmaking based on retrograde football philosophy. i don't think ron has the pants to take a team all the way.

30 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i get this line of reasoning, but ron has to know by now that brees in the dome is a cushion destroyer in both directions. you can't assume there'll be a next opportunity.

i don't believe it's spinelessness like many are saying. i believe it's poor decisionmaking based on retrograde football philosophy. i don't think ron has the pants to take a team all the way.

His reasoning was he didn't want two incomplete passes to give them momentum. 

Playing it safe before half may have been unpopular but it not as bad as folks make it out to be. We were deep in our end, there were 45 seconds left and we were getting the ball after halftime down by 7 after changing momentum in the second half.  I would have been tempted to try and throw it to see what happens on first down but it wasn't giving up so much as regrouping for the second half. Again he could have been more aggressive but of the things to criticize him, this was not that thread worthy in my mind...... Just my opinion.....

Love how it always takes a loss for some of you to realize what’s been in front of your face for 7 years now.

Ron is always a step or two behind everyone else and constantly appears to be in over his head. Ron’s decision making and play not to lose mentality has hurt this team enough.

Ron should’ve been gone a long time like I’ve been saying since 2013. 

15 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

No that was BS could have possibly gotten a FG out of it and maybe a TD to Byrd 

Actually crossed my mind, why not throw one deep shot to Byrd there?  However, with Kalil playing that badly a strip sack TD was a real possibility.  I would have at least tried one deep ball there.

30 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

His reasoning was he didn't want two incomplete passes to give them momentum. 

Wow

46 seconds left and New Orleans has ZERO TIMEOUTS.

We throw two incompletions the clock will be under 40 seconds and then we can kneel on 3rd down to take it to halftime.

This is what I mean by Ron is too stupid to be a HC. So many times during a game he has no idea what’s going on.

I've never liked this reasoning, and we've always had chickenshit coaches that were too conservative and shut it down in this situation the franchise's entire existence.  I have no idea what it's like to pull for a team that has a cut throat and aggressive head coach that really likes to stick it to division rivals.

Who the hell would agree with that decision? I always ask myself, what would Tom Brady do? Sure as F*CK not waste 50 seconds and two timeouts when you’re losing the game. That kind of mentality loses games. And guess what? They lost. Rivera has been a head coach for 7 seasons now and he’s still an ultra-conservative loser. You have to play every game like it’s the Super Bowl or you end up a trash franchise 

Archived