• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giving up before the half with two time outs.... Do u agree?

Jeremy Igo

Killing the clock and heading for the locker room rather than trying to put points on the board is textbook Ron Rivera.  Anyone surprised by this move hasn't been paying attention.

That having been said, when was the last time this offense looked good executing a two minute offense? 

Our offense is so comically bad when attempting to move the ball down the field quickly, it is almost as if they never practice it.  Gobs of time and timeouts repeatedly wasted.

Teams like Green Bay, New England and New Orleans might as well be in another league when it comes to executing the two minute offense.

59 minutes ago, cptx said:

I think it makes his decision to defer the kickoff a joke. By doing so the Saints scored 1st, he didn't even try to get into fg range before the half, and wasted the opening drive of the 3rd quarter.

If you are gonna do those three things, don't defer. just take the damn ball 1str, try to score and make THEM play from behind.

This.  If you want to manipulate the clock by deferring, at least MANIPULATE THE DAMN CLOCK.  Sheesh...

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Irritates me beyond belief.

Do you agree with Rivera? Best to give up and get the ball after the half?

You're inside a dome where, theoretically, you should be able to hit a 55-60 yd field goal with your $3M per year kicker.

And yet you don't even try.  And even beyond that, you don't even sit on the ball... you run rushing plays that all have the potential for fumbles.

I'm fully of the belief that Ron Rivera ate lead paint chips as a young child.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

Saints had no timeouts. You at least have to take a shot on first down. If you don’t get it, you then can run the clock on second. If you do get 15-20 you have two timeouts 40 seconds left and a 20 yards from fg range. 

It was awful. I’m not even pissed that it is status quo Rivera, what I am most pissed about is that it shows to the nation that Rivera doesn’t trust his qb in that situation.   That is a horrible look for him on a national stage and shows he has learned nothing in his years of coaching. 

we could've taken shots on first and second down. Even if two incomplete passes we could've then kneeled and that's half time.

Archived