• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giving up before the half with two time outs.... Do u agree?

Jeremy Igo

Saints had no timeouts. You at least have to take a shot on first down. If you don’t get it, you then can run the clock on second. If you do get 15-20 you have two timeouts 40 seconds left and a 20 yards from fg range. 

It was awful. I’m not even pissed that it is status quo Rivera, what I am most pissed about is that it shows to the nation that Rivera doesn’t trust his qb in that situation.   That is a horrible look for him on a national stage and shows he has learned nothing in his years of coaching. 

10 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

Playing the Browns or 49ers? Maybe, but not vs a Drew Brees led Saints team when we're already down 7 and have a chance at a FG

Haha nope it's just good ol' conservative Ron.

I do get the irritation, this isn't the first time Ron's done this.

But we were already struggling pretty heavily offensively. Down 7 when we get the ball back at half, I'm not too asspained about this call.

Loser ball at it's finest.

And the bigger kick in the nads is we came out of the half and went 3 and out. So we gave up on a potential score, and then have a whole half to figure out what we are going to do, and then come out and do that lmfao He has learned nothing over the years.

This also tells me that Rivera has ZERO faith in Cam to take care of the ball and drive it downfield. Way to have your franchise QB's back on national tv Ron. Oh wait, this is the same guy that benched Cam over a "tie".

Archived