• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of Rivera mediocrity. Probably the same in 2018

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Firing Shula would go a long way for this team. A better OC would make this team look amazing. 

What makes you think this staff is capable of that? Shula and the offense isn't the one that poo the bed. 

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Firing Shula would go a long way for this team. A better OC would make this team look amazing. 

While I’m all aboard the Fire Shula wagon, we can’t ignore how devoid of talent this offense really is. I mean, we are a funchess injury away from rolling out Clay, Byrd and Bersin as our receivers. 

Dickson-decent number two tight end, but would never elevate to anything more than that on another team. 

Shepherd:  has shown what he is. A special framer at best

Bersin:  ironically enough, he is probably the second best receiver on this roster. Just think about that for a moment. 

Byrd:  preseason wonder who has shown promise. I’m honestly excited about his potential. 

Samuel:  tempered expectations on him because of his injury tendencies. 

Manhertz:  a project at best

Clay:  looks like he could be a solid player for us, but far too young and raw to count on continually  

Funchess:  his ceiling is probably a really solid number two. Has no business being the guy. 

Stewart:  is a shell of his former self. 

This off-season is going to require a complete overhaul of skill position personnel. This won’t be popular and I hate that I even have to post it, but I think we need to let Star walk, and use his money on a vet WR. 

4 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

While I’m all aboard the Fire Shula wagon, we can’t ignore how devoid of talent this offense really is. I mean, we are a funchess injury away from rolling out Clay, Byrd and Bersin as our receivers. 

Dickson-decent number two tight end, but would never elevate to anything more than that on another team. 

Shepherd:  has shown what he is. A special framer at best

Bersin:  ironically enough, he is probably the second best receiver on this roster. Just think about that for a moment. 

Byrd:  preseason wonder who has shown promise. I’m honestly excited about his potential. 

Samuel:  tempered expectations on him because of his injury tendencies. 

Manhertz:  a project at best

Clay:  looks like he could be a solid player for us, but far too young and raw to count on continually  

Funchess:  his ceiling is probably a really solid number two. Has no business being the guy. 

Stewart:  is a shell of his former self. 

This off-season is going to require a complete overhaul of skill position personnel. This won’t be popular and I hate that I even have to post it, but I think we need to let Star walk, and use his money on a vet WR. 

I wouldnt Starr go unless he asks for too much money in the off-season. Our defense would suffer with our him because we don’t have  another DT who can occupy two blocker on every play.

Since our Oline is below average at run blocking there is no way I’d bring back the same crew next year. Ryan needs to be encouraged to retire or renegotiate for a huge payout and return as a backup. He can’t stay healthy and isn’t worth 10 million a year. His brother has a huge cap hit too and if we released him after the season it could hurt us. But if we found a quality LT in the draft I’d consider it. Norwell is a fan favorite, but he’s not irreplaceable and definitely doesn’t need a big contract like then one Trai got in the off-season. In my ideal scenario the returning starters would be Trai and Darryl Williams. Moton would be given a chance at one of the tackle spots and I have a new starting C and LG.

I agree with you on the veteran WR. If a stud fell to us in the draft I might consider it. But, with all of the holes we have on this team I’d feel better using the higher draft choices on a cb, s, HB to replace Stewart, C, G, DE.

Archived