• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of Rivera mediocrity. Probably the same in 2018

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

Im def not a fan of Shula but lets not act like our offense is really talented that is being wasted.  Outside of Newton our offense is absolute garbage. 

Newton is absolute garbage, I'm done defending him.  If he doesn't run for 150 yards we lose because he can't throw the ball 10 yards accurately.  He used to be good but the Shula Mind fug that we have all had to endure has mind fuged him too.  We will be 9 and 7 still stick with these bum coaches and I will literally for the first time consider saying f-u_c-K this team.   Too talented and yet so not prepared.  Getleman is what we needed and our B-itch ass owner canned him over two guys who are old and injured.  

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just bad enough to not contend.

Just good enough to not get fired.

Such is the way.

I'm drunk. Someone come tuck me in.

Is there any way you could get that message forwarded to management over at the corner of Mint and Morehead?

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

With better playcalling, I see us in better position than we are now. Play calling is a huge factor.

6 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

I honestly think that you guys are overrating our offensive talent.

KillerKat and Stankowalski are both right. Our talent is bad partially because of injuries, and partially because of poor evaluation by the coaches. But playcalling would certainly go a long way to covering those deficiencies. 

We need to blow this offense up. 

Same crap, Fox or Rivera, it all comes down to our owner who is completely COOL with a mediocre team, year after year.   By they time we make needed changes and Richardson moves on from decisions (one way or the other) Cam will be on the down swing of his career, having been wasted like Steve Smith.   The more things change the more they stay the same.  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Not as long as Rivera is still in charge

He was interested in better OCs like Turner and Jackson before. However he thought continuity was better in keeping Shula. He believes in that to a fault and the '13 and '15 seasons have clouded his judgement. Hopefully he sees the light in the offseason, because he's shown at the very least he recognizes better options. I also feel better about Rivera choosing another OC than Richardson choosing another HC based on what I've said.

13 minutes ago, JPino said:

8-4, still number one in the wild card race, most of the other wild card threats lost this week, and we just lost to a team with one of the best offenses in the lead. We will be fine. 

We're definitely not fine. We've gotten absolutely worked the three times this season when we've shared the field with an actual good football team. We're almost certainly going to get taken to the woodshed by the Vikings next week. 

It really doesn't matter if we get the wildcard or not, we have shown that we simply can't hang with playoff caliber teams anyway. 

We just have way to many issues. The fact that we are 8-4 shows how good our keg cogs really are. 

Keuchly, Cam, TD, Peppers have basically willed us to 8 wins in spite of poo play calling and significant holes in key aspects of the team.

If Mike Shula doesn’t get poo canned this off-season then quite frankly idk what he will ever do to lose his job. The offense is an absolute dumpster fire. His play calling is obvious, unimaginative, and scared. He has coached literally the most unique weapon in NFL history and he can’t even get an offense in the top 10.

In 2011 Chud was coordinator we ranked 7th in pts/game.

Since Shula took over...

12th

26th

16th

11th

19th

17th

So Cam’s ROOKIE season was the offense’s highest scoring season of all. Since that time our average offensive position in terms of points (which is what matters)..is 17th. Consider that is also the offense that piggybacks off of short fields and turnovers created by a consistently top 10 defense.

That is awful. I’m done blaming Cam. At some point it comes down to coaches, play calling, prep, lack of creativity and lack of capable players. 

This team needs a franchise left tackle and a 20 carry per game running back. 

The first series of the game the offense was humming. Why? Bc Stew was actually picking up positive yards. It’s sucked the D up and Cam made plays. After the first drive tho the OL got man handeled and the running backs had no space. LT has got to be solved and so does RB...but even then I’m not sure Shula can be trusted.

20 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

This essentially guarantees we don't win the division unless the Falcons sweep the Aints and we win out.

People being optimistic because for now, we're still in the playoffs...

But realistically, even if we do make the postseason, so what?

Is there anyone here who genuinely believes this team can win a playoff game? That we would have a shot at beating a legitimate contender?

Right now, the promise of the playoffs is the promise of one more game where we probably get beaten badly. Make sure you add to that the promise of more Riviera, more Shula, and most likely more Hurney as well.

(hey why not? we made the playoffs, right?)

Archived