• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of Rivera mediocrity. Probably the same in 2018

Jeremy Igo

Just now, stankowalski said:

I honestly think that you guys are overrating our offensive talent.

It's not about that. It's about having an OC that puts the players in better situations and has a scheme that fits the players. We have 4 losses now. With a better OC, I believe we would only have a couple losses and would have a better future.

I don't understand how anybody felt good about this one after letting Josh McCown put up 300 yards and 3 TD's on us. Ronald Rivera missed his chance to win a SB. When you lose one, IT'S EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY HARD TO GET BACK THERE

This is John Fox all over again. Will the Panthers let Ronald last as long as Fox did?

6 minutes ago, JPino said:

8-4, still number one in the wild card race, most of the other wild card threats lost this week, and we just lost to a team with one of the best offenses in the lead. We will be fine. 

This essentially guarantees we don't win the division unless the Falcons sweep the Aints and we win out.

4 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Game was conceded in 1st half when we got the ball with 40+ seconds, 2 time outs and down  with a chance to flip momentum before getting the ball back in the second half. 

81B0E39F-96C4-45D5-811E-88E8B414742D.jpeg

I was watching down in Atlanta with Falcon fans and they couldn't believe we didn't even try.  One guy was like, well they are going to run it out to the half so they don't throw an interception, then he looked up and was like "why are they running it if they want to run out the clock, just kneel?".  Stupid coaching all the way around, including lining Cam up in the shotgun on a 3rd and 1 and going deep on a 3rd and 4 when we have the quarterback most likely in the entire NFL to get a few yards on a designed run or even just jumping the line.  It's beyond stupefying to me.  I just can't fathom that any coach would make those decisions...

Just now, KillerKat said:

It's not about that. It's about having an OC that puts the players in better situations and has a scheme that fits the players. We have 4 losses now. With a better OC, I believe we would only have a couple losses and would have a better future.

What would you do differently?  Our OL can't block, our receivers can't catch a ball, our running backs can't find anywhere to run, our QB has accuracy issues.   This offense is average at best no matter what plays you call.  

1 minute ago, Gladniator1 said:

I was watching down in Atlanta with Falcon fans and they couldn't believe we didn't even try.  One guy was like, well they are going to run it out to the half so they don't throw an interception, then he looked up and was like "why are they running it if they want to run out the clock, just kneel?".  Stupid coaching all the way around, including lining Cam up in the shotgun on a 3rd and 1 and going deep on a 3rd and 4 when we have the quarterback most likely in the entire NFL to get a few yards on a designed run or even just jumping the line.  It's beyond stupefying to me.  I just can't fathom that any coach would make those decisions...

They were seeing if we randomly got a big chunk run play then we would play for it.  Shows they have ZERO confidence in the offensive unit.  

Just now, stankowalski said:

What would you do differently?  Our OL can't block, our receivers can't catch a ball, our running backs can't find anywhere to run, our QB has accuracy issues.   This offense is average at best no matter what plays you call.  

I already addressed what I would do differently. Despite everything you've said we still have 4 losses. Better play calling only has us at 2 easily if that. There are just too many stupid play calls on offense that doesn't help us at all in our dire situation.

16 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Jeremy I'm putting the Godfather 2 on now to save my night and remembering a scene in it gave me an idea... You have some access to the team and therefore to Jerry Richardson yes...? JR is the Jew in Godfather 2 and the Huddle is the Corleone family... You get my drift? Won't win a SB with him as owner. It ain't happening.

@Jeremy Igo (as Tom Hagen) speaking to Ron Rivera (as Frank Pentangeli):  "When a plot against the Emperor failed... the plotters were always given a chance... to let their families keep their fortunes.  Right?"

Archived