• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lattimore didn't practice today

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Barnett will be better than both your first round picks and ours. Trying to use one game as the basis of your argument is completely retarded. 

I'm not using one game, I'm using the entire season. Which is why I said Lattimore will be ROY. 

3 minutes ago, Nails said:

RG3 was Rookie of the Year.  Barnett will be an elite DE by the end of his rookie deal if not much sooner.  Will Glass-hon still be in the league?

Glass-hon is playing at an elite level before the end of his rookie year. So....

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Also, one will be DROY. One will be a backup DE at the end of the year, like he has been all year.

Lattimore has been a good pick for NO based on what he's done this year. Not sure he quite deserves the clear, outright DROY award just now though. Contender? Sure. But, Tredavious White has been far more impressive to me. This happens every year. The higher picks get more praise from assessors. Classic example being Vernon Hargreaves of TB last year, despite an up and down season. Judging by their forum TB fans don't want to see him on the field this year.

6 minutes ago, Nails said:

He’s not.  He’s had a great year.  He plays a more premium position, and has a resume second to none for a 21 year old in the history of the sport.

Yeah, but who cares? Are we playing the Eagles this week? You have to let this go.

I like Barnett and Lattimore. If i was a Saints fan I would be happy with my choice. If you truly think Barnett is better (you may be proven correct in future) be happy they didn't pick him. For now comparing a CB and DE doesn't add any value to this thread about Lattimore.

5 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

Yeah, but who cares? Are we playing the Eagles this week? You have to let this go.

I like Barnett and Lattimore. If i was a Saints fan I would be happy with my choice. If you truly think Barnett is better (you may be proven correct in future) be happy they didn't pick him. For now comparing a CB and DE doesn't add any value to this thread about Lattimore.

Agree.  Truthfully hadn’t given it a 2nd thought recently until someone else brought it up in this thread.

13 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

We're trash talking a loser Aints fan...

5 hours ago, Nails said:

I hear what you’re saying and I know you didn’t mean to compare the two, but just wanted to add there’s obviously zero comparison between a guy like Greg that’s tough as nails with a career of dependability, even quoted as saying “the best ability is availability”, and the complete opposite of that.  

My gut says VERY little on heaven or earth would keep Greg out Sunday.

Say what you will about his injury history, but when Lattimore is on the field he has a Kuchely-esqe impact on that Saints D. He's basically Earl Thomas but with Lockdown corner skills. Man or zone he's a monster. Him being out is a huge reason Goff was able to light up that secondary. Us missing Greg is a lot less than them missing Lattimore.

Archived