• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Saints Fans are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

So NFL radio spent like 2 min on our matchup. Barely any air time, for some reason it's not as exciting as say the 49ers game....  They picked NO of course too. I'm excited because this total disrespect for our team and the game means this will be a great game and we win in a shocking way 

If you've been following media coverage of the Panthers at pretty much any point in the Rivera/Newton era , they almost always dont spend much time and give the panthers much attention. And even when they do talk about our matachups, they usually spend most of the time talking about our opponents  than the Panthers. 

The only time they really talk about the Panthers for extended periods of time , is if there's negative press about Cam. Otherwise, I don't think our team is very exciting for other NFL fans and non fans, don't generate the clicks and views like other more popular big market teams. We don't really have any superstars on offense besides Cam and most other fans don't like him. 

We'd honestly be alot more relevant if we were a team that perennially had winning seasons or won a SB recently. But I'm not sure most people beside panthers fans even take us seriously at all b/c our franchise has had along track record of mediocrity and losing. 

17 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

If you've been following media coverage of the Panthers at pretty much any point in the Rivera/Newton era , they almost always dont spend much time and give the panthers much attention. And even when they do talk about our matachups, they usually spend most of the time talking about our opponents  than the Panthers. 

The only time they really talk about the Panthers for extended periods of time , is if there's negative press about Cam. Otherwise, I don't think our team is very exciting for other NFL fans and non fans, don't generate the clicks and views like other more popular big market teams. We don't really have any superstars on offense besides Cam and most other fans don't like him. 

We'd honestly be alot more relevant if we were a team that perennially had winning seasons or won a SB recently. But I'm not sure most people beside panthers fans even take us seriously at all b/c our franchise has had along track record of mediocrity and losing. 

The one chance we had to finally change that narrative was 2015 and we crapped the bed on that one.

7 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

If what you said were true, media would never mention the Cowboys. They haven't been relevant yet this century. The media cares about teams that we're good in the 1970s when they were growing up. That's all there is to that aspect.

Cam is polarizing; you either love him or you hate him. There is no "well, he seems ok, but I haven't seen enough." No, there's only "he sucks" or "Oh God, he's gonna massacre us" for the opposition. 

Archived