• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Saints Fans are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So basically illegally hit Cam, as the Broncos did in the Superbowl. 

Ok, cool. Lets do the same to Brees and see who hold up longer.  Hey Julius, show no mercy. I give Drew 2 plays before he is broken. 

any kind of hit put on that midget is basically an automatic penalty because he's 4 feet tall

Ok, cool. Lets do the same to Brees and see who hold up longer.  Hey Julius, show no mercy. I give Drew 2 plays before he is broken. 

Difference is guys get flagged for hitting Brees, less so with Newton (with a notable exception last week). 

Newton has endured 59 hits inside the pocket over the past 1½ seasons, the ninth-highest number in the league. And yet, notable quarterbacks who have been hit a similar number of times have gotten far more calls over that span — Drew Brees (10 roughing the passer calls), Tom Brady (five), Jameis Winston (five), Aaron Rodgers (four), Russell Wilson (three) and Matt Ryan (two).

Written in 2016, I don't know what the new numbers are. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17939672/cam-newton-get-superstar-qb-treatment-nfl-officials-2016

I took a gander at our wholly owned subsidiary forum Saints Report to see what their thoughts were about this game. 

On the matchups that concern them... 

Interesting about the PR. Haven't really thought about special teams much. Perhaps Clay will break another big one?

Scam .. how original. 

Also, the typical dumb fan formula apparently is now Contain Cam, Double Olsen, and cover McCaffrey. Evolution baby. 

How to get Cam off his game... 

I don't ever recall seeing Cam quit a game. The rest of the offense, sure, but never Cam. Silly comment. 

So basically illegally hit Cam, as the Broncos did in the Superbowl. 

On who they hate more.... 

Oh, I can't wait for that smile personally. 

Aints fans always enjoy Cam getting hit in head area and think it is funny especially when Cam was down and that dirtbag player Mauti hit him in head(torpedo style) area and the fans were in lmfao mode saying he deserved that hit. That tells you how the true Aints fans really are(a cancer to all decent fanbases).

5 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

That has already been done with Bounygate and that ended badly for Aints. A little late on this aren't you.

1 hour ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

What they ought to do is orchestrate a system where their defensive players are rewarded for hits on Cam, and you get a bonus if you take him out of the game.  Now they just need a catchy name for their system...

............wow

Why is it Cam is treated differently than other QB's with calls? All QB's should be covered under same rules no matter what they can do in games. None of the QB's are targeted like Cam has been and hit in head area with no flags thrown. The refs need to open a blind eye to the hands to the face, head hits, targeting, and many other near deliberate hits on him trying to end Cams season.

You beat him up physically from the 1st play onward. Cam loses confidence when he gets his bell rung a few times. Even of we get some roughing calls, it's worth it to beat him up early and often. He hates head and chin shots. Wade proved that.

Imagine being such a dominant player offensively that other teams have to play dirty just to get you off your game. 

Saints fans are so original with their desire for Bountygate II and nicknames for Cam.  They skeered of Cam and I look forward to his bright smile electrifying that sideline.  I might just make the 8 hour drive from Texas to see it personally!  #KEEPPOUNDING.  I would love to see LUUUUUUUke scoop up another fumble or INT in that dome!!

Archived