• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of you wanted these guys at pick 8

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

LMAO, I don't care what people think.  If I believe that was a one time mistake, then I'm taking him.  I mean, we've had guys not get in trouble at all in College, and then kill someone for fugs sake.  You really have to do a complete background check on Prospects.  Simple as that. 

Rae Carruth got in trouble in college. He was on those colorado teams that were just episodes of the Wire. You could cover poo up a lot better back then, but he had known gang ties. 

On the other hand, two of the most famous, upstanding Panthers of all time, Minter and Rucker, were on those mid nineties nebrasksa teams. If you know anything about THOSE teams.....whoo boy

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Let’s not act like this chick didn’t deserve it. Not saying u should go around hitting females but she wasn’t some innocent bystander. She was asking for it and provoking him. With a few drinks in both of them I’m sure this could have happened to anyone. 

As a fair warning to all who don’t know, if you call a black man or woman the N word  be ready to defend yourself.. because if we haven’t seen this enough,you have a right to say whatever you want,but they have a right to feel however they want about what you said. Just because u can do something doesn’t mean you should.

Got it.  Physical violence is cool for you if you use the wrong word.

Also, it's cool for chicks to get knocked out by male athletes too.

Nice.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Got it.  Physical violence is cool for you if you use the wrong word.

Also, it's cool for chicks to get knocked out by male athletes too.

Nice.

I didn’t say that. In a perfect world you would be right. Where we all get along and everything is just.This isn’t that world.. I think you try stop as much of that negativity with laws and things of that nature but at what point are you responsible for your own safety? I don’t go calling the biggest guy in the room a “puss” because I’m pretty sure I can’t win that fight. 

Galzelses dont go drinking with lions,because it’s a fight they know they can’t win. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the laws of nature and we are nothing more than animals at heart.  Protect urself don’t go challenging the fragile system we have that protects you just because you think you can. 

Because in the end we are subject to feel however we want about what you say and we are just animals. So wanting people to act any better is just a lie we tell ourselves to keep this fragile peace.

45 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Rae Carruth got in trouble in college. He was on those colorado teams that were just episodes of the Wire. You could cover poo up a lot better back then, but he had known gang ties. 

On the other hand, two of the most famous, upstanding Panthers of all time, Minter and Rucker, were on those mid nineties nebrasksa teams. If you know anything about THOSE teams.....whoo boy

I was speaking more about Aaron Hernandez with the Patriots.  He had no prior problems and the Pats didn't even know about his issues at Florida.  

I liked the novelty of CMC--the white RB who can ball--but I am not a fan of first round RBs.  However, when I see the entire defense rotate toward a fake to him, when I see him take on a LB in pass protection,  I realize that we have a gem.  Now if we would stop running him up the middle and take him completely off the punt return team, we can plan on having him a few years. 

But no, I did not want him at 8.  I wanted to trade back to about 14 and get CMC--but he may not have been there.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

That 95 team was wtf bad. 

43 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I was speaking more about Aaron Hernandez with the Patriots.  He had no prior problems and the Pats didn't even know about his issues at Florida.  

Oh that’s not true at all. 

First, Hernandez fell in the draft because he was know to smoke weed. Whatever yeah who cares. 

Gainesville PD covered up a fuging murder investigation involving him and pouncey that everyone knew about. We also now know that Hernandez got tattoos of every gun he used in a murder. He had three leaving Florida. 

He also hung out with Chris Rainey, and one night they went out to murder some girl but couldn’t find her. 

Patriots would have at least known some of this, especially considering how close he and urban Meyer are. 

They took a calculated risk that a.) he wouldn’t fail drug tests and b.) he wouldn’t murder anyone. 

Just now, electro's horse said:

Oh that’s not true at all. 

First, Hernandez fell in the draft because he was know to smoke weed. Whatever yeah who cares. 

Gainesville PD covered up a fuging murder investigation involving him and pouncey that everyone knew about. We also now know that Hernandez got tattoos of every gun he used in a murder. He had three leaving Florida. 

He also hung out with Chris Rainey, and one night they went out to murder some girl but couldn’t find her. 

Patriots would have at least known some of this, especially considering how close he and urban Meyer are. 

They took a calculated risk that a.) he wouldn’t fail drug tests and b.) he wouldn’t murder anyone. 

I don't think they knew about any of that, honestly.  

53 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I don't think they knew about any of that, honestly.  

oh they had to have known most of that mess, they do such extensive back ground checks on college players now it's ridiculous. I hate to say but fiz is probably right in that they took a calculated risk that they could control him to some degree and he wouldn't go and kill someone else. 

I mean when it gets close to figuring out who you're going to draft, especially in the first round you have months of research, back ground checks, interviews and so forth compiled on those players. 

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

oh they had to have known most of that mess, they do such extensive back ground checks on college players now it's ridiculous. I hate to say but fiz is probably right in that they took a calculated risk that they could control him to some degree and he wouldn't go and kill someone else. 

I mean when it gets close to figuring out who you're going to draft, especially in the first round you have months of research, back ground checks, interviews and so forth compiled on those players. 

So, you honestly think the team picked him knowing he might have killed someone?  I just do not buy that.  

22 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

So, you honestly think the team picked him knowing he might have killed someone?  I just do not buy that.  

it's the only thing that makes sense because they would have talked to coaches, teachers, team mates, parents, friends, police involved on that case...ext.ext.ext 

teams do tons of research on players, FBI type of background checks and research. very expensive, extensive.

39 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

The Bucs drafted a QB they knew raped someone. 

the Titans drafted someone they knew was trafficking drugs and threw a girl down a flight of stairs. 

The Panthers drafted someone that got kicked OUT of that same program and received money to transfer to Auburn. 

The Bengals drafted a guy that nearly killed a girl on camera. 

The Browns drafted a drug addict. 

poo happens all the time and teams don't care. 

Belichick's first job was keeping track of Lawrence Taylor in his heyday. They would have the cops bring him to team meetings in handcuffs. Taylor eventually went to jail for statutory rape when he was retired; fug knows what he got away with as a player, and what bb helped cover up. 

Archived