• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of you wanted these guys at pick 8

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

And Howard’s been exactly what he was at Bama here in the NFL.

Medicore. Gets out-muscled at the catch point and cannot make contested catches or strong routes.

Let's keep it 100 here, Howard's made some plays just like CMC has.   4 TDs on 20 receptions almost 17 yards a clip ain't bad playing behind/beside Brate as a 4th option in that offense.  CMC is a good player, but is a rookie, will make mistakes and hopefully improve upon them.  Without bias, the same can be said of Howard.  

Sadly, in the grand scheme of things CMC won't be even the forth best back from this class the way it looks.  Cook was ballin before he got hurt.  Mixon is an absolute stud that won't get in trouble.  Fournette well, we know how good he is.  And clearly, Kamara is 5X better than CMC so far.  

Did the Panthers reach for an RB?  Abso fuging lutely.  That is a clear answer there.  

I'll admit I didn't want CMC in the first especially at 8. My reasons were a little different though. RBs have a relatively short shelf life in the NFL. My thought was if you're going to draft in the top 10, you want to take a guy who can have a career past 30, which is usually the cliff for RBs. I know nothing is guaranteed in this game and injury can end anyone's career, but that was just my thought. I was stoked when Lattimore dropped and was really hoping for him or Hooker. But then again, who doesn't want a hooker and some blow. 

59 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I do find it funny if you ask other teams fan bases they always bring up other RB's that were found in the later rounds.

Like, that's cool.  But, no way was Jerry Richardson and our shitty GM's and Coaches picking Joe Mixon, or Dalvin Cook.  Simple as that.

Lastly, they bring up Lattimore.  Again, no way were our shitty Coaches and GM's picking a CB over starting Daryl shitty ass Worley.  Just not gonna happen.  If Adams was there, absolutely.  But, nope to the others.  Maybe Kamara, but that's it.  

Joe Mixon? If the knock on Mccaffeey is running why bring up one if tgr guys with even lower ypc?

2 hours ago, Nails said:

No one thought he’d be this good but those with a clue knew he was a 5 star talent that went to Alabama and Tennessee, had some problems, and looked phenomenal against Texas A&M in last year’s OT thriller.  My post history doesn’t lie, I liked him.  He was mocked by some in the process in the late 1st.  I hate trading future picks however so thankfully the Saints do not have a 2nd in 2018.

so knowing what we know now about Kamara, you wouldn't have traded a 2nd for him?

44 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'll admit I didn't want CMC in the first especially at 8. My reasons were a little different though. RBs have a relatively short shelf life in the NFL. My thought was if you're going to draft in the top 10, you want to take a guy who can have a career past 30, which is usually the cliff for RBs. I know nothing is guaranteed in this game and injury can end anyone's career, but that was just my thought. I was stoked when Lattimore dropped and was really hoping for him or Hooker. But then again, who doesn't want a hooker and some blow. 

My issue was entirely the rookie pay scale situation. As the number 8 pick, I think he was guaranteed a set amount of money for a position that is relatively cheap to fill.

I wanted Hooker, would have been cool with Lattimore. 

What I really, really didn't want is for us to trade up for Fournette. 

Also lol to the users who called me an idiot for saying Jacksonville should draft Watson. 

Archived